Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake master cylinder sizes question
steve m

posted on 4/11/13 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Brake master cylinder sizes question

My current master cylinder is a 19.05 bore, and from another post for me to achieve better brakes/feel, was to reduce the bore
size, especially as it appears to be leaking

Question is, if I was to go down the floor mounted route, with two master cylinders, and a balance bar what bore sizes should I be looking for to still achieve a better system than the old 19.05 bore cylinder?

Next question, how do you dial into the brake balance bar exactly what you want? ie were do you start the setup, and how do you achieve the best all round performance?

Steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

lucy

posted on 4/11/13 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
My current master cylinder is a 19.05 bore, and from another post for me to achieve better brakes/feel, was to reduce the bore
size, especially as it appears to be leaking

Question is, if I was to go down the floor mounted route, with two master cylinders, and a balance bar what bore sizes should I be looking for to still achieve a better system than the old 19.05 bore cylinder?

Next question, how do you dial into the brake balance bar exactly what you want? ie were do you start the setup, and how do you achieve the best all round performance?

Steve

Beware, I'm no expert!

Lots of variables here, like what brakes you have and what peddle lever arms you have (or will have on your new setup).

Lots of sevens use 0.625 front and 0.750 rear.

Balance bar should be setup to give slightly greater braking to the front wheels than the rear. ie front wheels lock up first.

Trial and error can be used to setup the balance bar. Drive past a mate (NOT too fast) standing to the side of the car and brake hard. They can tell you if the front is locking first. Adjust to get desired setting.

Google, 'Balance bar adjustment' and look at Rally Design, Wilwood, and APRacing. Other brake manufacturers are available!

Hope this helps.

steve m

posted on 5/11/13 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply,

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

lucy

posted on 5/11/13 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
and that should be a full stop not a comma.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.