Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ignition switch wiring- Ford Transit I think?
BigMac

posted on 23/11/13 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Ignition switch wiring- Ford Transit I think?

Hi All

If anyone can help me with my query around my ignition switch, I'd be very grateful!

I'm in the process of wiring up a replacement ZX10R loom into the Westy. I've got to the ignition switch connectors and I'm not 100% on what each point on the ignition switch does? The switch has a variety of connection points on the back with numbers or letters attached, these are 15, 30, 50, R and P. I've scoured the web but I can't actually find a diagram showing me what feed goes where! Whilst I can get out the multimeter and check for continuity, I'd like the peace of mind of having seen and used a proper wiring diagram.

On taking the switch out of the barrel, it has a part number of B517X, which I think is a Ford Transit?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram showing what colour wires go to which number of terminal on the switch? I can find some diagrams/posts explaining what the wire colours are and what they do, but not what number on the switch relates to what colour wire!

Cheers,

Ben.

rusty nuts

posted on 23/11/13 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
15 should be ignition live, 30 battery positive can't remember the others, should be easy to test with a multimeter
Dusty

posted on 23/11/13 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
30 connects to battery positive and is the supply to the switch.
R is live when the key is turned to position 1 or the accessory position to allow a radio (or other accessories) to be run without the engine on. Remains live when key is turned to position 2 but goes dead when the switch is turned to position 3 whilst cranking.
15 becomes live in position 2 and supplies power to ignition live busbar/fuses. Remains live when the key is turned to position 3.
50 goes live when key is turned against the spring to position 3 for cranking and is the starter solenoid trigger.
P is live only when key is in 0 position. Parking lights.

[Edited on 23/11/13 by Dusty]

BigMac

posted on 23/11/13 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks very much Dusty!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.