Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flu
jacko

posted on 3/1/14 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Flu

So who has it iv had it for over a week now and fed up with it
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 3/1/14 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
To quote Rowan Atkinson 'If I'd had the Flu for a week I'd be pretty fed up with it too'

But, have escaped it so far this winter, fingers crossed touching wood and all that..........

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sdh2903

posted on 3/1/14 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Ive had a bit of man-flu (cold) for most of the last week, didn't help working outside for 8hrs straight in torrential rain the other night. Managed to avoid proper flu up to now.
omega0684

posted on 3/1/14 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Woke up this morning, swollen glands, sore throat and a dry cough that causes an inferno in my chest when I cough!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

ste

posted on 3/1/14 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Flu jab £9 Tesco. No flu is well worth the money.
StevieB

posted on 3/1/14 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
I had proper flu last year for the first time - made me realise everything else to date had been just a bad cold by comparison.

Took me out of work for 2 weeks and a total of 6 weeks to recover to anything like normal. I'd been training hard for 4 months towards doing some triathlons and was trying to get myself down to a decent fighting weight - I was doing reasonably well with it, but the flu really got me over the mark!

Problem is I lost 4 months worth of fitness gains (was training 8-10 hours per week and going hard at it) and then did nothing for 12 months - am just starting out again now, from scratch

Slimy38

posted on 3/1/14 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
SWMBO has had it since I broke up for Christmas mid December,I had a runny nose for about five minutes but that was about it. She did the flu jab last year and thought it was bad because it knocked her about for a day or so, but I bet she'd prefer a day of roughness compared to more than a fortnight!
David Jenkins

posted on 3/1/14 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
In my lifetime I've had plenty of colds and general-purpose winter bugs - but I've only had real flu once or twice, and I never want to experience it again, thank you very much.

britishtrident

posted on 3/1/14 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ste

+1. Morissons in my case

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Minicooper

posted on 3/1/14 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ste

A flu jab doesn't stop you from getting Flu, it just stops you from getting certain types of flu and even that isn't guaranteed

[Edited on 3/1/14 by Minicooper]

jacko

posted on 3/1/14 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
Woke up this morning, swollen glands, sore throat and a dry cough that causes an inferno in my chest when I cough!

Yes that's the one
I have had the flu jab every year for year's but didn't bother this year
I wish i had now
Jacko

JoelP

posted on 3/1/14 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
I had proper flu last year for the first time - made me realise everything else to date had been just a bad cold by comparison.

Took me out of work for 2 weeks and a total of 6 weeks to recover to anything like normal. I'd been training hard for 4 months towards doing some triathlons and was trying to get myself down to a decent fighting weight - I was doing reasonably well with it, but the flu really got me over the mark!

Problem is I lost 4 months worth of fitness gains (was training 8-10 hours per week and going hard at it) and then did nothing for 12 months - am just starting out again now, from scratch

That's a truth that only people who have had flu will appreciate! I've had it once in my whole life.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

ste

posted on 3/1/14 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Minicooper
quote:
Originally posted by ste

A flu jab doesn't stop you from getting Flu, it just stops you from getting certain types of flu and even that isn't guaranteed

I haven't had flu this year so regardless of it's alleged effectiveness I'm happy.

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 3/1/14 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
I've had flu proper only once and it wiped me out.
It was honestly worse than my chemotherapy for lymphoma!

Not as bad as the stem cell transplant but pretty bad

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

britishtrident

posted on 3/1/14 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ste

That is a bit like saying looking both ways before you cross the road won't guarantee you won't get run over.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Minicooper

posted on 3/1/14 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ste

That is a bit like saying looking both ways before you cross the road won't guarantee you won't get run over.

No just lowering the expectations

I religiously have my flu jabs every year as I have chronic heart problems, yet I wouldn't go near a person with flu.

The flu jab is very effective as long as the flu virus mutations are the correct ones

David

maccmike

posted on 3/1/14 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Im recovering as we speak

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.