Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: car advice
beaver34

posted on 12/1/14 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
car advice

hi.

someone wants to buy my vx220 which means i need to replace it.

i dont have to sell it but i think the times right, ive had my fun out of it but i use it as a daily and its not the best daily car, sure its fun and gets some attention but im fed of of that i think.

i want something that is fast, fun, and nice, mpg is not really a s massive issue but 25mpg ave would be nice.

i would say i have a 15k budget

so far ive been looking and driving the following

987 boxster s
z3m coupe
e46 m3 coupe

considered a z4m coupe, other than that i did for some reason like the megane r26 r but its a little oddball

also i wanted something that wouldn't loose much money which is why i went to look at the z3m, but the e46 is a so much better car but is it worth loosing money on?

in a nut shell ive no idea what to do and my car going at the weekend all being well.

appreciate any advice, or from owners of cars that i should consider

thanks

tegwin

posted on 12/1/14 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Tvr tamora?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

beaver34

posted on 12/1/14 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Tvr tamora?

it will be used frequently i dont commute everday but some days so i dont think i should have a tvr as much as i love them

ive also got a 7 so trying to stay away from that kind of car

will take a look though!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 12/1/14 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
PORSCHE CAYMAN
beaver34

posted on 12/1/14 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
PORSCHE CAYMAN

the engines worry me, there are more issues than the boxster in the early caymans that id be looking at

for that reason i ruled them out really

big_wasa

posted on 12/1/14 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
M5
ReMan

posted on 12/1/14 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Interested if you persue the Z3m coupe, I feel I have to have one, not forever, but one of the few beemers I'd drive (sorry i know there all great, but I'm not a slave to the brand ;-) )

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

beaver34

posted on 12/1/14 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Interested if you persue the Z3m coupe, I feel I have to have one, not forever, but one of the few beemers I'd drive (sorry i know there all great, but I'm not a slave to the brand ;-) )

Been to see a black one in Driffield,

Nice car was import back from Japan in 05, had some nice spec.

Compared to the e46 it's just does not seem as good, there 5 speed so very long geared it feels unlike the 6 speed m3.

Rare and cool, the other thing was offset pedals seemed odd, presume this is because of the transmission tunnel.

All in all nice car with flaws from my short experience, do the flaws outweigh the benefits I'm not sure yet

daniel mason

posted on 12/1/14 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
e46 M3!

morcus

posted on 12/1/14 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Xk8? It's unlikely to hold it's value and might struggle to do 25 to the gallon. quick look on autotrader and a maserati would also be in budget.

And If you don't mind LHD?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

locogeoff

posted on 12/1/14 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
Have you considered the R171 SLK55, I recently picked up a 280 and it's fun, the 55 is in a different performance bracket again. Comes in at your price range, though you might have to be careful to reach the mpg though :-)
FazerBob

posted on 12/1/14 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
I recently bought an SLK 280 to replace my Elise. It will (just) manage 25mpg but it's a fabulous car, and you will get a nice one in your price range.

Bob

beaver34

posted on 12/1/14 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FazerBob
I recently bought an SLK 280 to replace my Elise. It will (just) manage 25mpg but it's a fabulous car, and you will get a nice one in your price range.

Hi bob,

What made you want to get out of an Elise?

FazerBob

posted on 13/1/14 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
quote:

Hi bob,

Old age and creaking joints. This was my second Elise, and I have loved owning them. They were fine for comfort, even on long journeys, but getting out after a drive was becoming difficult, especially with the roof on. Shame really. At one time I had the job of testing and signing off every Lotus built, so owning one of my own was really great.

I bought my SLK a couple of months ago, and I've loved every minute with it. Give one a try, you won't be disappointed.

Bob

beaver34

posted on 13/1/14 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
quote:

Hi bob,

Old age and creaking joints. This was my second Elise, and I have loved owning them. They were fine for comfort, even on long journeys, but getting out after a drive was becoming difficult, especially with the roof on. Shame really. At one time I had the job of testing and signing off every Lotus built, so owning one of my own was really great.

I bought my SLK a couple of months ago, and I've loved every minute with it. Give one a try, you won't be disappointed.

i think the issue i have with the vx is the suspension has been replaced with gaz coilovers and its hard its fair to say.

i have thought about buying a standard vx220 turbo to be fair, as there cheap cars to run like the elise is and its the running costs of the other cars which are my biggest worry

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.