Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Using MR2 stalk for lights...will this setup be ok
killerferret666

posted on 12/1/14 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Using MR2 stalk for lights...will this setup be ok

I'm using the MR2 stalks for lights.

On the twist to turn the lights on there are 4 positions.

Off
Activate light motors as the mr2 had pop up lights
Sidelights
Dipped
Main beam

Will it cause me a problem having the first point on the twist of the switch not doing anything?

deezee

posted on 13/1/14 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure which model you're talking about here, but on my MK2 the lights went through the lighting ECU anyway. The stalks are just switches. So you either use the switch, or don't use the switch. Unless you are trying to use the ECU, it won't make any difference to how you wire up the stalk.

killerferret666

posted on 13/1/14 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deezee
I'm not sure which model you're talking about here, but on my MK2 the lights went through the lighting ECU anyway. The stalks are just switches. So you either use the switch, or don't use the switch. Unless you are trying to use the ECU, it won't make any difference to how you wire up the stalk.

I guess the question is, with there being 4 markings on the stalk, for the 4 switch steps.

Will it be a problem that the first switch position doesn't actually do anything?

deezee

posted on 13/1/14 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
If you're not using the lighting ECU, not using the wiring up the 1st position on the stalk is fine. I never disconnected it myself, but I did change the ECU wiring as I was sick of the lights staying up all the time, when not on dipped / main beam.

killerferret666

posted on 13/1/14 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deezee
If you're not using the lighting ECU, not using the wiring up the 1st position on the stalk is fine. I never disconnected it myself, but I did change the ECU wiring as I was sick of the lights staying up all the time, when not on dipped / main beam.

I'm only using the stalk on the kitcar as its an MR2 column so keeps everything simple in fitting but if IVA man doesnt care that position one isnt wired thats fine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.