Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another ebay One
myke pocock

posted on 2/3/14 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Another ebay One

Listed a book for sale and got a bid in the first hour or so. Then the bidder retracted their bid with a day or so to go and the reason was they put in the wrong amount. They bid £30 and the starting price was £30. Whats that all about? Theres no way I can complain and it doesnt affect their rating. Nob!!!
Browser

posted on 2/3/14 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Shrug. Deep breath. Swear. Hope someone else bids. Not much help I know but as you say, not much you can do sadly.

twybrow

posted on 2/3/14 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
It is so annoying that buyers can use that as an excuse and retract bids. I have had it on countless auctions, where there is no way they could have put in the incorrect figure. It is just a cheeky way of changing your mind...
ReMan

posted on 2/3/14 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Agred, annoying, but I'd siooner have them pull out so to speak that pee around wasting time with a non payer

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

chrism

posted on 2/3/14 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
I've had that before, I also think some people use it see how much others have bid upto, i.e. they put a really high bid in so they can see the other bidders maximum bids and then retract it so that the other bidder thinks they are winning so doesnt increase their bid and then the first person bids last minute at just above the other bidders amount to win it, thus possibly getting it cheaper and causing the seller to get less.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

bi22le

posted on 2/3/14 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrism
I've had that before, I also think some people use it see how much others have bid upto, i.e. they put a really high bid in so they can see the other bidders maximum bids and then retract it so that the other bidder thinks they are winning so doesnt increase their bid and then the first person bids last minute at just above the other bidders amount to win it, thus possibly getting it cheaper and causing the seller to get less.

Ooo thats cunning.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Angel Acevedo

posted on 3/3/14 at 02:09 AM Reply With Quote
I have not been in the bay for a while due to a password problema, but I think you can do something and that may be blocking him to prevent from bidding on your auctions.
HTH...

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.