Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Honda K20 mapping
rdodger

posted on 3/3/14 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Honda K20 mapping

A mate of mine has a K20 powered track car with Hondata Kpro ECU. He has a generic map on it but wants it properly mapping on a rolling road. He has spoken to TDI North but wasn't impressed with what they had to say or their prices. Quoted £650 + VAT

Any one recommend someone good?

Prefer close to the North West.

wylliezx9r

posted on 3/3/14 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
How much ? Jesus !

For comparison I had my S2000 engine on Omex mapped for £300. No good to you though because its in South Wales.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

MikeRJ

posted on 3/3/14 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
£300 seems very cheap; they are far more time consuming to map than most engines because of the dual variable valve timing system.
daniel mason

posted on 3/3/14 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
all depends on the mapper and how familiar they are with the ecu. daytuner are very good bit mainly do MBE i think. may be worth a call?

edthedrummer

posted on 3/3/14 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
£650+ doesn't sound massively unreasonable if I'm honest. As said, they are one of the more complicated of engines to map.
gaz_gaz

posted on 3/3/14 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Depends how soon you want it doing?
A friend of mine is over from the states mapping some cars atm.
Held in very high regard by Honda owners over here.

http://www.maseengineering.com/

[Edited on 3/3/14 by gaz_gaz]

unijacko67

posted on 4/3/14 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
As Previously mentioned it is a long job as when TDI did my S2000 it must have been on the rollers for a good 5hrs maybe closer to 6hrs even. I recall getting there around 9am and leaving gone 4pm. They know there stuff. I haven't even taken the car out since as I've been flat out at work and the car is still on the trailer, but I'm confident with there service.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
welderman

posted on 4/3/14 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
TDI did the power rum on the mini I have before I bought it, seem to know there stuff. Heard good things

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

Rocket_Rabbit

posted on 9/3/14 at 02:00 AM Reply With Quote
Try EFI-Parts in Runcorn. Chris is extremely helpful!

Crazylegs

posted on 6/1/16 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys,

I'm a recent newcomer to the forum, will be on the lookout for a MNR or MK Indy later this year, preferably bike engined but I'm also keen on a car engine and with me currently owning an Integra Type R DC5 I wouldn't mind a Honda engined kit car.

Just thought I'd add a few bits of info re anyone who needs help with this thread. As Gaz has posted above, Mace from America is an excellent Hondata KPRO tuner and is renowned for being the very best but he's not often in the UK from my understanding.

TDI North are supposed to be good tuners but I've heard bad things about them but they do know their stuff. The key with TDI is that they have tuned thousands of Hondas so will already have good base maps to go by, so depending on your engine and modifications they can also add more to any potential map.

Other good tuners in the Honda industry are Romain, a French guy who often does his tuning at Eurospec in Surrey.

Will at RDT is also supposed to be excellent but charges a bit more as he does a full diagnostic check on the engine before doing any tuning.

http://www.rdt.tv/

You have Automek in Scotland, again supposed to be excellent.

In London you have Pedro at FLPerformance, you can find them on Facebook, lots of tuning on Hondas and in Northern Ireland there is Momentum Motorsport and AP tuning (Aonguhus Power) in the ROI who is also a member over the EK9 forum.

I take mine for any work on the Teg to Stevie at Grinspeed who is brilliant however he doesn't do engine mapping, just fitting and maintenance. TGM Sport in Hampshire are also very good with Hondas.

Anyway, hope that is of some help to some of you!

[Edited on 6/1/16 by Crazylegs]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.