Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Newbie
zammobhoy

posted on 14/3/14 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

I'm 3 months into building a Zetec powered Westfield at the moment and have been reading the posts on this forum with great interest. Time to contribute and share the tails from my Man Cave instead of lurking:
So far I have got all the metalwork on, suspension fitted, 1.8 Blacktop Zetec engine stripped, cleaned reassembled then
fitted with type 9 sierra gearbox. Propshaft obtained from ebay for £50. Megasquirt unit ordered from USA, assembled and
lashed up to Suzuki GSXR 600 throttle bodies on a Manifold made by DANST engineering. Original exhaust manifold feeding through home made pipe to spare bike end can for initial startup and tuning. I was going to go down the bike-carb/megajolt route but my engine is from a '97 Focus and I realised too late that it was going to have to pass a strict emissions test and use a cat so I've now got a set of Thundercat carbs sitting on the shelf Having said that the Megasquirt part of the build has been an interesting challenge. After two weeks building/testing the unit, I actually got the engine to fire up and that was pretty cool. Anyway I'm sorting out some hoses for cooling now so that I can get the beast warmed up and do some ECU tuning through the laptop (not like the old days with a screwdriver and a length of rubber tube ) Also the wiring loom's finally arrived (after 4 months! - don't get me started!!) so I'll need to begin un-ravelling the spaghetti.

Great Forum BTW. It's fair to say that I would have struggled to get where I am with the car without the information I have
gleaned here and I'm sure it will be of more use in the coming months as I try to get the project finished

Proby

posted on 14/3/14 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome, sounds like you have made a good start!

Visit GraphicMonster

zammobhoy

posted on 15/3/14 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks mate, hopefully half way through.

Nice Westie btw, hopefully mine will look like that soon

Cheers

Paul

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.