Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wheel fitment issues
focijohn

posted on 19/3/14 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Wheel fitment issues

Evening y'all,
Have just taken delivery of a set of team dynamic alloys and r888 tyres for my vortx, Have a problem with fitting/securing on the front. I have the machined ally uprights as supplied by MNR with the studs already pressed in. They have approx 10mm shoulder on the hub end of the stud (obviously), and when the nuts are tightened up albeit not fully tight, they seem to be butting up against the shoulder of the stud before they are securing the wheel to the hub. After that I put the build wheel on and came in. I checked the two wheels I had with me for the same numbers etc and have only eyed up the stud holes and they look to be the same.
I will go over the wheels and double check that they are all the same before I bother Chris at MNR, would do it now but I have lost the will for today. Has anyone else had a similar issue, is it a case of having 2 thin wheel spacers on the front to effectively reduce the length of the shoulder on the stud or is it something else??

Thanks

John

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

Relph

posted on 19/3/14 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi John, what is the et/offset of your wheels ?
It should be et23. If the offset is correct it's easy and cheap enough to replace the studs for shorter ones like I did.

Cheers, Jaime

If in doubt, flat out.

focijohn

posted on 20/3/14 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
I assume they are the right offset as I ordered them through Chris at MNR and he asked what set-up was on the front so he could ensure the correct offset.

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

theduck

posted on 20/3/14 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Check the wheel to make sure they re correct. Should be engraved in back of wheel b

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.