Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone have experience of the NOVA Database for imported vehicles?
r1_pete

posted on 31/3/14 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone have experience of the NOVA Database for imported vehicles?

As per title really, I have the chance of a nice early Honda CB750 frame, it was bought by its present owner from DK Spares who imported it, presumably as a complete bike from the states.

DK seem a reasonable sized company, and I'm sure the frame will be registered on NOVA (Notification of Vehicle Arrival) and duties paid, but, does anyone know how I can check, and whether there should be some form of certificate with the frame, or if the key for the database is the frame number? I believe NOVA superceeds the C&E 386 process.

Cheers.
Pete.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 31/3/14 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure about the NOVA thing, but I bought my first bike from DK more than ten years ago. I'd be fairly confident that their paperwork is all good. They must deal with thousands of import bikes and they're not going to risk one being dodgy.
Peteff

posted on 31/3/14 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
I did the NOVA thing last year to get my Lambretta registered on UK plate. You can go on the website and register then I just filed in the form online and they declared I had no VAT to pay. I printed the form off and at the time the DVLA office in Nottingham was still open so I went there, paid my registration fee and job done.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.