Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: So... what speed do you think the Lambo was doing?
David Jenkins

posted on 1/4/14 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
So... what speed do you think the Lambo was doing?

daveb666

posted on 1/4/14 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Watched that this morning. On a different YouTube video it is implied that it was racing the black Maserati that you can see in the background...

I don't think it was doing much more than 80 mph.

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

r1_pete

posted on 1/4/14 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think he would have been doing anything over 30, the low wide stance of the car and the satin black finish give the illusion of speed even when stood still..... Your Honour
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 1/4/14 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Actuall at first I thought 70, but in reality probably only 30-40 though decellerating , what a waste :-(

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

beaver34

posted on 1/4/14 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
dont look too badly damaged really
SteveRST

posted on 1/4/14 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
30-40?
Doesn't seem to be braking during the impact. Car pulled out right infront of the lambo so from that angle I'd say not his fault. Would like to see another video angle though - if it turns out the lambo was doing 70mph out of shot then that would change my opinion.

CC Cyclone

posted on 1/4/14 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
It appears that he didn't actually get on the brakes until after the impact. That thing would stop on sixpence at that speed which does pose the question why didn't it?

Steve, you beat me to it!

[Edited on 1/4/14 by CC Cyclone]

blakep82

posted on 1/4/14 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
40 absolute max. no excuse for that mazda pulling out without looking though...

you don't hear it screaming up the street, sounds like a fairly steady speed
real question is, why was someone just standing filming a street?

[Edited on 1/4/14 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

matt_gsxr

posted on 1/4/14 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

Probably cyclist with camera on helmet. Pretty popular as it keeps things simple when you get knocked off.

blakep82

posted on 1/4/14 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

Probably cyclist with camera on helmet. Pretty popular as it keeps things simple when you get knocked off.

makes sense, looks about the right height too

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

sdh2903

posted on 1/4/14 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
That's going to be an interesting insurance renewal for the mazda owner. Front end plus both sides damaged

"So have you had any claims?"

Yes a low speed accident that was my fault

"Do you know the value of the claim?"

Er yes about £100k

"Click, ........dial tone"

[Edited on 1/4/14 by sdh2903]

coyoteboy

posted on 1/4/14 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Does about the length of the parked car in about 1/3 of a second. That's about 5.5m in about 0.33 of a sec. Which is about 40mph.

ravingfool

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Definitely the lambo's fault.

Doesn't matter whether the mazda was imprudent or otherwise pulling out as the Lambo ends up hitting him, not the other way round ergo the mazda is in front on the road and if you drive into anything in front of you it's automatically your fault.

If he was only doing the speed limit then there was no need to crash at all, whatever the mazda was doing.

Idiot.

ken555

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
dont look too badly damaged really

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scimjim

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ravingfool

Doesn't matter whether the mazda was imprudent or otherwise pulling out as the Lambo ends up hitting him, not the other way round ergo the mazda is in front on the road and if you drive into anything in front of you it's automatically your fault.

If he was only doing the speed limit then there was no need to crash at all, whatever the mazda was doing.

Idiot.

The classic defence of people who come across a give-way without looking.

ravingfool

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
If you look at the video the mazda doesn't appear to be going across at speed or wrecklessly.

We don't have all the information on the situation so it's a bit daft to cast blame on the mazda when at the end of the day what we can see is a lambo driving into an obstacle in the road.

If I had a lambo I'd be making damn sure I didn't drive into anything!

luke2152

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Idiot.

That doesn't make any sense at all. What if I run a red light and you can't stop or avoid me

jeffw

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Look like a She driving the Lambo and it certainly seemed to be the Mazda's fault.

ianm67

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Idiot.

The Mazda driver was clearly driving without due care and attention. Do you think he'd have pulled out into traffic and caused a collision on purpose? The Lambo was on the main carriageway and as such has the right of way.......

Always biting off more than I can chew.....

Slimy38

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Idiot.

I'd disagree with that (first sentence at least). If he had hit the Mazda back end then yes I'd have said the Mazda had completed it's move in time and was now part of the traffic flow. But he hit the front, which means that the Mazda left the pull out too late. (in my humble opinion)

But the lambo could have stopped in a car length, either they were going too fast or they were incapable of reacting quick enough.

snapper

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
That looks like Chelsea and I've seen that Mat black car around there
Not a problem there's a Lambo showroom by South Kensington tube

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

twybrow

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
if you drive into anything in front of you it's automatically your fault.

Not true. If the person in front makes an unreasonable move (excessive brake force, or pulls into your path) then it is not deemed your fault. You cannot be expected to drive and prepare yourself for any and every eventuality.

ravingfool

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:

Idiot.

I'd disagree with that (first sentence at least). If he had hit the Mazda back end then yes I'd have said the Mazda had completed it's move in time and was now part of the traffic flow. But he hit the front, which means that the Mazda left the pull out too late. (in my humble opinion)

But the lambo could have stopped in a car length, either they were going too fast or they were incapable of reacting quick enough.

I don't know, they way I watched the video it looked more like the mazda was starting to pull out and then they slowed down because of the lambo arriving either quickly or unseen (baring in mind we don't know what obstructions to view there may have been or how fast the lambo was approaching because of the video angle).

In my opinion the sheer fact that the lambo drove into the near side of the mazda indicates that it was going too fast or not paying attention; regardless of whether the mazda was right to pull out at that time or not. I'm certainly not saying that the mazda was definitely in the right, only that the lambo is definitely in the wrong.

I'm sure 99% of the drivers here would probably think that in the same situation they would have been able to stop a lambo before it hit that mazda if they were only doing the speed limit!

ravingfool

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
if you drive into anything in front of you it's automatically your fault.

Not true. If the person in front makes an unreasonable move (excessive brake force, or pulls into your path) then it is not deemed your fault. You cannot be expected to drive and prepare yourself for any and every eventuality.

Agreed, as a general statement it is true but of course if you are driving recklessly that's not the case. If you hit a stationary object in the road that's basically on you though.

You have to drive within the limits of the situation and if you come round a blind corner and crash into a stationary vehicle that's your fault, doesn't matter if you were doing 30 in a 40 if you should have been driving at a crawl because you couldn't see round the bend!

Seems like the time between the mazda pulling out and the lambo hitting it should have been plenty for the lambo to come to a stop.

blakep82

posted on 1/4/14 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Idiot.

lol

so if i sit at a junction, pulling out theres a car about 8m away, making sure he goes into the side of me, then i get a new car on his insurance, even with video evidence he drove out in front of me leaving zero reaction time?
doesn't seem right...
of course with only about 2m space by the time i'm in front, if he's going bang on the speed limit, theres no need to crash at all. in fact, i'll do it on a dual carriageway, do a proper job on the car?

doesn't really work, does it?
if zero reaction time and being able to stop in an instant was possible, i might agree, but its just not

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.