Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Snigger Snigger, Formula 1 RACE results ALREADY ????
jollygreengiant

posted on 5/4/14 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Snigger Snigger, Formula 1 RACE results ALREADY ????

I just went onto the OFFICIAL F1 site to see how qualifying went. To my surprise, I got an option to see the RACE results. (see image below)

Now I realise that the races might be fixed but telling you the results 24 hrs BEFORE it starts. It will be interesting to see just how close to their error the result are.

A bit of finger trouble me thinks in reality.

Edit bit. I just tried looking at the results of Qualifying and that says they are not available yet. Oh dear, such a professional organisation.

[Edited on 5/4/14 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

chrism

posted on 5/4/14 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
That looks to be the grid lineup (i.e. qualifing with any penalties applied) and not race results as it says grid in the drop down box at the top.

The race results would usually have the overall race time for the winner and then times behind for the other places.

[Edited on 5/4/14 by chrism]

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

jollygreengiant

posted on 5/4/14 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrism
That looks to be the grid lineup (i.e. qualiying with any penalties applied) and not race results as it says grid in the drop down box at the top.

The race results would usually have the overall race time for the winner and then times behind for the other places.

[Edited on 5/4/14 by chrism]

YES, it is the grid line up. But the point was that from the front page it didn't normally give the option of looking at the RACE RESULTS until the race had occurred and was over. The front page on this occasion had the RACE RESULTS high-lighted as though the race had occurred and this is where it took you. Also clicking on the QUALIFYING RESULTS came up with a page telling you that it hadn't happened yet.

As I stated earlier it gave the impression the race had happened and qualifying hadn't, which wasn't up to their usual standard. Maybe they changed the way they do things, but still, they did not do it with clarity that one would expect from the 'organisation'.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.