Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fitting Carbon CSR style Front cycle wings?
p2ccolo

posted on 16/4/14 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Fitting Carbon CSR style Front cycle wings?

Hi,

I have just bought a pair of the carbon CSR style front cycle wings from KCD as per here, and had a question regarding fitting:

http://www.kitcardirect.co.uk/caterham-lotus-7-style-front-cycle-wing-mudguards-carbon-csr-15-pair.html

My current cycle wings are attached with two small bolts through the top front and top rear, and then a third larger bolt on the inside lip, to an adjoining bracket as pictured below, however it seems that these cycle wings dont have enough of a lip on the inside to get away with putting a hole on the inside lip to attaching to inside to the bracket...

Has anybody else fitted these to an indy?
Would I be able to get away with just the top two bolts only?

Also if anyone has any recommendations on some good thin and bendy edge trim woudl be greatly appreciated, last lot I just bought from woolies is too thick and doesn't bend enough :-( I suppose thats what I get for not ordering a sample first.

Thanks!

jacko

posted on 16/4/14 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Did you buy the car with the wings like that ? as indy wing stays go across the top under the wing and are mostly bonded to the wing's
thats what mine are like any way
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Matt21

posted on 16/4/14 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
yer mine are also bonded the full width

I don't really understand your description well enough to see how/where yours are fitted

p2ccolo

posted on 16/4/14 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, interesting. I had presumed this was a standard part as it came on the car like that when I bought it. Will get some pictures and have a go taking on appart this weekend and will update!

Thanks chaps

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.