Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bailey Performance another happy customer
Valtra

posted on 19/4/14 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Bailey Performance another happy customer

Just slogged back from chilly Telford. Well worth the trip though.

Dale went through the instalation methodically checking everything and making sure things were spot on , found a polarity issue with the injectors , . sorted it . Found an earth stability problem with the throttle sensor , sorted it. Spotted the plugs were not up to injection spec. and changed them. Once on the rollers he ironed out all the glitches and my amatuerish efforts at mapping and got it running much better . He wasn't happy , Changed the phasing on the injectors and instantly the car was sharp , sweet and responsive. He optimised the timing and fettled the fueling a bit more before doing some power runs , result 114.9 hp and 111.4 lb/f . Not ultimately impressive on this site , but this is a 30 year old engine 1600 cc with standard internals except Strada Abarth cams ( not sure they make a lot of difference ) . New it was rated at 98hp I'm happy with that .

All this and copious quantities of tea and relaxed suroundings . He even fixed up a widget to get my old Fiat tacho going .

Others may be able to map your car ok but Dale's background in electronics makes all the difference and I'm convinced it's the best £250 i've spent on the car . Hopefully you'll find a couple of photos of dale in his lair in my "injection album" but I'm too tired to slot them in here now as I've been up since 5.30 am

on the rollers at Bailey's
on the rollers at Bailey's

At Bailey Performance
At Bailey Performance

[Edited on 19/4/14 by Valtra]

[Edited on 19/4/14 by Valtra]

"If it looks like it works and it feels like it works, then it works"

big_wasa

posted on 20/4/14 at 05:16 AM Reply With Quote
Happy days, nice to see a supplier NOT getting slatted.
Ben_Copeland

posted on 20/4/14 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
Dale provides the best value for money. He does so much work prior to even starting the engine.

After my tuning day he's continued to help on the phone and even had my Ecu back for modifying it to run my tacho and shift light.

[Edited on 20/4/14 by Ben_Copeland]

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.