Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Making a bonnet
Steve ads

posted on 21/5/14 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Making a bonnet

Hi guys I'm after some advice I'm after a new bonnet for my locost 7 is there direct parts that will fit on if not is anyone in the Leeds/ Bradford area handy at fabricating them and how much would I be looking at cheers Steve
kingster996

posted on 21/5/14 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
No personal experience, but you could try AGM or send a U2U to Barkarlarr as I think he might also be able to sort you out.

Just spotted, AGM (or Al's Locost Bodyshop as it is now) is in Barnsley, so not too far really.

[Edited on 21/5/14 by kingster996]

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

Steve ads

posted on 21/5/14 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers kingster
mark chandler

posted on 21/5/14 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I just got a sheet of 1.5mm Ali, laid it over the top and marked where I needed the bends then pushed it by hand over a bit of 2" plastic drain pipe.

Once it was the right shape to drop over the car put it in position with a couple of small ratchet straps to hold in place then reached up from below and marked the inside with a marker pen.

Remove, cut 1/2" outside of the lines then folded the along the length at 90 degrees so it sat upon the body side panels, put back on the car and marked out where to cut the ends, trimmed job done.

Cleverer people than me bend returns on the ends of the bonnet as well, I just bunged on a bit of U channel which tidies it up.

Regards Mark

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.