Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Feedback Please
Surrey Dave

posted on 24/5/14 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Feedback Please

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDI

Have been looking at these but have seen varying reports, they seen to have a history of turbo failures due to loose injectors and carbon making its way into the turbo?

Its a shame 'cos they look good and are very economical for their size.

Does anyone have 1st hand experience of this motor?

johnny5

posted on 24/5/14 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDI

Have been looking at these but have seen varying reports, they seen to have a history of turbo failures due to loose injectors and carbon making its way into the turbo?

Its a shame 'cos they look good and are very economical for their size.

Does anyone have 1st hand experience of this motor?

Hi..... I purchased a brand new C4 grand picasso 1.6HDi VTR+ with the EGS gearbox, Purchase price was £19.900 back in 2008.

I had the car a total of 3 years, and never had a single problem with it, we covered about 26K miles in that time, and apart from having to replace 2 tyres due to punctures and the general servicing costs, it needed nothing else.

Driving was easy with the EGS gearbox, although gear changing could be a little slow at times, you do have the paddle shift that you can use to change up or down if needed.

The electric handbrake was a little odd to get used to, especially with hill starts, but the onboard computer calculates when to release the handbrake depending on incline and throttle pedal position...

Inside its very spacious, with loads of seating combinations, splits/folds etc etc... For me personally i found the seats on the VTR+ a little hard, and sometimes bordering on uncomfortable on a long journey, but nothing that a decent cusion didnt fix!

The trim level on the VTR+ is very good, with lots of features, even a built in airfreshner! The boot light dioubles as a rechargeable torch, which is a nice touch.

The steering wheel is strange to get used to aswell, and a litlle cluttered too, the centre boss stays still whilst the wheel moves around it..... Odd to get your head around, but otherwise ok

The multi colour display/dashboard is very good, easy to see even in bright sunlight, and doesnt glare too much in the dark.....

All in all i found it a great car, economical too averaging 45 to 50 mpg round town and up to 65 mpg on a run.....

Value for money too, just watch out for ex motibily cars as these citroens were mass produced for that market and some of them are well abused inside and out.....

Hope this helps

John

J5

YOLO..........

designer

posted on 24/5/14 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
The C4 Picasso is a good car, never had any problems.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
emwmarine

posted on 24/5/14 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
I had one.

Bought a 1.6 HDi VTR+ at 10,000 miles and put 150k miles on it in 3 years.

Not one thing went wrong with it. Very very capable car. Comfortable, very torquey motor diesel engine. Would easily do 50mpg.

Lots of space, very good hi-fi system. Not a lot to criticise really, other than the manual is a bit notchy.

The turbos are susceptible to the oil feed pipes clogging up if the wrong grade oil is used, oil left too long before changing.

I think anyone who gets the right oil grade, changes it regularly and also does a fair bit of long journeys doesn't have a problem.

I sold mine last year at 160k miles and it still went like new.

Building a Dax Rush.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.