Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A plan insurance
Pdlewis

posted on 29/5/14 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
A plan insurance

Just had to re-new my insurance, got my renewal through from AF and it was more or less the same as last year so i thought id give A Plan a try and they smashed the AF renewal by 1/3

so thought id give them a bit of advertising

Build Photo Album

Updated 05/02/2009

StevieB

posted on 29/5/14 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Did you challenge AF on their renewal price?

I had a renewal notice on my Westfield that was actually a little higher than the previous year. I just rang up and said it was rubbish, I wouldn't be renewing and can they please send my no claims proof to pass on to new insurer. 10 minutes later I had 40% reduction on the previous year without any more forms to fill in or the hassle of changing insurer.

It's a bit of a racket and I guess they rely on people being too daft of lazy to challenge the renewal.

rgrs

posted on 29/5/14 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
I have been using A-plan for a little while now for cars, home and business insurance , however check your policy details carefully. The last four have had errors on them and although only minor they could have invalidated the policy.

Having said that they are one of the most helpful companies to deal with.

AF have a policy to match or beat your quotations on renewal, also they don't normally charge admin fees for address changes etc unlike A-Plan, who recently tried to charge me £35 admin fee for an address change on one policy.

Roger

serieslandy

posted on 29/5/14 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
I've insured via a-plan. We're the second cheapest but the other didn't seem to understand insuring on a chassis number.
Also it's nice to speak to the same person twice. Seems simple but I've never had it with another company.

Pdlewis

posted on 30/5/14 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the pointers,

I only rang AF to change the mileage, they didn't come back with a better offer so i figured if they could have offered me nr the A plan price then they should have done that to start with

Build Photo Album

Updated 05/02/2009

TimC

posted on 30/5/14 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
I've had all my cars with A-plan (Bletchley) for years. I seem to have reached the stage where everything sort-of costs the same. I get great service from them and just can't be arsed to move.

Davey D

posted on 30/5/14 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
Ive been using A-plan for my car insurances for 9 years now, and home insurance for the last few years. They have always been polite, friendly, easy to talk to, and very well priced. I was quite shocked with my renewal this year for the MNR VortX. It has always been around the £230/year. but this year when it came though it was £170

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.