Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford 771m xflow
trialsman

posted on 2/6/14 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Ford 771m xflow

Hello, all knowing one’s across the pond. I have been given a 1600cc, used, unassembled Ford Fiesta 771m xflow motor. It is drilled and tapped for motor mounts on both sides, it has a new crank that is drilled for a pilot (spigot)bearing, new pistons and rings, new head, etc. What it does not have is a dizzy or intake manifold/carb. Will the intake and Weber 32/36 carb and dizzy from my old 1300cc 711m xflow work on this new motor? It would save me a lot of beer tokens if they will. Everything I can find says the 771m and the 711m are the same but I just want to make sure. Thanks Russ
trialsman

posted on 2/6/14 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, will the flywheel from the 1300cc fit??? Russ
steve m

posted on 2/6/14 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
I am 99% certain the 771 and 711 blocks although similar looking are tottally different on the inside and do not share any compenents

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

DW100

posted on 3/6/14 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
711 Blocks are built as rear wheel drive engines

771 Blocks are built as FWD engines

Many of the parts can be interchanged, but to make it easier to fit transversely in the engine bay the 771 engine had a crank that was shorter at the nose and the flywheel end and the timing cover was thinner. It also has a lug above the timing chain cover for the right hand engine mount.

The cylinder head, inlet manifold distributor etc. are a straight swap

[Edited on 3/6/14 by DW100]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.