Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I hate to throw stuff away
bi22le

posted on 14/6/14 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
I hate to throw stuff away

After only about 3 years our Ligik induction hob (LINKHOB10) just stopped working last night. We had not used it for a couple of days so dont know exactly how or when it went.

Being confident in fixing (or trying to) anything I checked the power supply, which was ok, and then decided to check for internal fuses.

I located a 2A internal fuse that had blown. Due to its fitment it was not an easy out\in job so after getting some parts from Maplins I replaced it.

Wired it all in. . . . POP! a transister further down the line popped. I cant be bothered to replace that.

A new hob is £180, a new power circuit board is £65. Im 80% confident replacing the board will fix it but cant wait for the parts. Its a case of having to buy a new one and throw the old one away.

I dont want to buy the part and then sell it as working as I may not get my £70 quid back on flea bay.

Just a bit gutted that electronics go wonkey sometimes. . . . I hate it when something cant be fixed.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

David Jenkins

posted on 14/6/14 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
It's when you replace the PCB and find that it was a faulty induction heater coil that blew it in the first place - THAT'S when you get REALLY annoyed!

Irony

posted on 14/6/14 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure I'd like messing around with the hob. To many amps.
chrism

posted on 14/6/14 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
For the sake of £115 difference get a new one with warranty thats guaranted to work and wack the faulty one on ebay for a few extra quids.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.