Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Yodel lost 20kg parcel!!!
bowood14

posted on 24/6/14 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
Yodel lost 20kg parcel!!!

YODEL !!! picked up a 3.38 diff last Wednesday tracked it went to Preston then the Shaw hub and has now disappeared. Was meant to be delivered Friday, couldn't speak to anyone at parcel to go who I ordered the job through, only live chat by email they said would take 7 days to investigate!!! Yesterday contacted Yodel direct they have no ideas but are meant to come back to me today. It was packaged up well and had fragile tape and stickers on it, it can't just be kicking around it weighs 20 kg, all I can think is someone thought it was something they wanted and nicked it. It's insured but that doesn't help I want the diff and it will be difficult to find a replacement. Anyone had similar problems? I'm hoping it will just turn up.

[Edited on 24/6/14 by bowood14]

big_wasa

posted on 24/6/14 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
I hope it was washed it out ?

I posted a 7.5" sierra diff, they lost it. It turned up a month later 100 miles from where it should have been. They claimed there was a trace or smell of oil on the packaging.

They gave me the choice of collecting it, 300 miles or they would pop it in there skip

I sold it via ebay and ended up refunding it.

[Edited on 24/6/14 by big_wasa]

tul214

posted on 24/6/14 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't use Yodel. This is what they did to an iPad i bought on here.
Description
Description

Description
Description

Fortunately they didnt smash the screen but there is a small nick on the case

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

waggy

posted on 24/6/14 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
I'm really sorry to hear that, parcelforce lost two new front tyres for a vx220 on me, they are virtually impossible to get!
When I tried to claim they asked for my purchase invoice and when I couldn't supply it they refused to pay the claim!!!!!

These companies are fantastic and cheap when all goes to plan but when it doesn't, you can expect no help at all, no refund, no claim and no goods!

Do the right thing, right, first time!

If only it was that simple!

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 24/6/14 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
It could be that its pissing oil out everywhere and they have (understandably) put it to one side. I once bought a used oil cooler and the numpty who sold it left it full of oil which soaked the box, it was only because a neighbour who worked at the post office recognised my name on the label that I got it. Have you tried ringing the depot where it was last tracked to directly and asking about it?

Would you want to try to cart around a 20kg box that was dripping engine oil? I wouldn't.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
prawnabie

posted on 24/6/14 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Ive just had a nightmare with Yodel. ASH hoses sent me a parcel but failed to put the company name on, just my name and street address. The Yodel agent refused to deliver it so I had to collect it from the central hub. Mind you, the reply I got from ASH hoses when I expalined my problem was just as dire as Yodels service!
trextr7monkey

posted on 24/6/14 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bowood14
YODEL !!! picked up a 3.38 diff last Wednesday tracked it went to Preston then the Shaw hub and has now disappeared. Was meant to be delivered Friday, couldn't speak to anyone at parcel to go who I ordered the job through, only live chat by email they said would take 7 days to investigate!!! Yesterday contacted Yodel direct they have no ideas but are meant to come back to me today. It was packaged up well and had fragile tape and stickers on it, it can't just be kicking around it weighs 20 kg, all I can think is someone thought it was something they wanted and nicked it. It's insured but that doesn't help I want the diff and it will be difficult to find a replacement. Anyone had similar problems? I'm hoping it will just turn up.

[Edited on 24/6/14 by bowood14]

maybe it is now fitted to the Yodel MD's "Dutton" just getting my coat.........

good luck in getting it back. Parcel 2 go lost 2 fiat wheels tied together, they came back to us after about a month so there's always hope
atb
Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

stevebubs

posted on 24/6/14 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Yodel are shocking...everytime I've had a parcel go missing, the courier has been Yodel.

Once found they'd put a cardboard parcel straight into one of my recycling boxes; I was lucky the other half spotted it as she was putting them out for the bin men the same day!!

Surrey Dave

posted on 24/6/14 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
UPS for me!

Is Yodel manned by many self employed people using cars etc being paid peanuts for deliveries?,, and they only get paid once however many times it takes to succeed.

I use Interparcel/UPS service , proper people in proper vehicles tracked and traced all the way, if you drop at your nearest drop off point its excellent value for money.

If you can people the other end to collect . it can be 99 + vat , unbelievable.

No I haven't got shares & don't work for them!!

coyoteboy

posted on 24/6/14 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
I had an engine(near 200kg!) shipped to me (not by yodel). It vanished on the way. Turns out the company that sold it didn't empty it and didn't wrap it very well. When it finally turned up it had been upside down, was covered in oil and the pots were full of it. It had leaked onto wagon carrying food, shipper was not a happy chappy.

bowood14

posted on 24/6/14 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Just to clarify this was drained of oil and all shaft holes blocked. Also wrapped in bubble wrap, cardboard and fragile / parcel tape, Still no news I rang them again this afternoon
HowardB

posted on 24/6/14 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
funny,... I got a yodel delivery today,. not mine, not my address, and sadly not a diff!

But it had a mobile number on the front of the box, I called the bloke who was delighted to hear that he will get his parcel when I drop it by on the way to work,.....

happy days

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

BigFaceDave

posted on 24/6/14 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
Is Yodel manned by many self employed people using cars etc being paid peanuts for deliveries?,, and they only get paid once however many times it takes to succeed.

I use Interparcel/UPS service , proper people in proper vehicles tracked and traced all the way, if you drop at your nearest drop off point its excellent value for money.

If you can people the other end to collect . it can be 99 + vat , unbelievable.

No I haven't got shares & don't work for them!!

Over the last 4 years I have sent approx 1200 parcels with UPS, I've had 1 breakage and 1 that took 4 days instead of 24 hours that's not bad going in my book. They always turn up when they should and once it's collected I pretty much forget about it and don't have any problems , Yodel on the other hand I have booked 3 times and they have never turned up once! City link are just as useless too.

perksy

posted on 24/6/14 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
iirc Yodel delivery employees are mainly folk in their own vehicles

Hopefully yours wasn't in the process of building a 7

Seriously though it'll probably turn up soon

bi22le

posted on 24/6/14 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
I normally use parcel monkey and have sent all sorts of stuff so think they s are great.

Recently I have received aid with DPD. They send you text messages including:

Your Handy Straps order will be delivered 19 Jun by DPD.
For your options go to www.dpd.co.uk/b/blahblah
Or TEXT
1= Deliver to neighbour
2=Fri
3=Mon

Your Handy Straps order for delivery today 10:01-11:01 by DPD driver Lee
Options at www.dpd.co.uk/b/blah blah
Or TEXT
1= Deliver to neighbour
2=Fri
3=Mon

Your Handy Straps parcel has been delivered today by DPD, to your neighbour RICKWOOD at number 7. View at www.dpd.co.uk/b/blahblah

Now that is how I expect modern communication to work. Drivers should be by the hour and on that hour. Text message for details. Prefect.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

macspeedy

posted on 24/6/14 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Gap in the law here, people using their own vehicles for work, that is against normal insurace policy terms and conditons, surely. They are also get paid penuts...
stevebubs

posted on 24/6/14 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah - as above DPD appear the way to go; definitely appear in-sync with modern technology...

Forgot about one of the more recent deliveries I had from yodel - guy spent 20 minutes emptying his van into the street trying to find one of my parcels he was supposed to deliver....he literally had parcels everywhere...on my garden, thrown in the passenger seat... my daughter and I were wondering what the crazy box person was up to...until he knocked on the door...

mcerd1

posted on 25/6/14 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
yodel just delivered our new table 4 days later than they said they would, with the box so damaged that we were lucky the contents survived

I'd guess your diff is rattling around in the back of the van smashing up everyone else's parcels - it seems to be what they do best !

quote:
Originally posted by BigFaceDave
City link are just as useless too.

round here they used to be really good - but I can put that down to a couple of decent local drivers with brains in their heads
but recently they've been pretty useless

not used TNT for a while, but they were pretty good a few years back - they delivered me a crankshaft from the other end of the country in 11 hours (only paid for standard delivery)
but they did send me a message promising it would be delivered in less than 2 hours (~500miles as the crow flies)
I kept looking out the window that day for their new supersonic delivery lorry to arrive :lol:

DPD have been ok, delivered when they said with no dramas.
but UPS and FedEx have probably been the best I've had recently - its really hard to find fault with them

[Edited on 25/6/2014 by mcerd1]

-

snakebelly

posted on 25/6/14 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Not just Yodel! Mrs just called to ask why I had ordered 2 cases of wine when neither of us drink! Turns out Parcel Farce had left them on the doorstep whilst she was out, there actually destined for the house 10 up from us!
coyoteboy

posted on 25/6/14 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

ap in the law here, people using their own vehicles for work, that is against normal insurace policy terms and conditons, surely. They are also get paid penuts...

Not really a gap in the law if they don't insure their vehicle properly - and that's up to person using the car. There's plenty of policies that cover business use and policies that offer delivery-driver type insurance - I know some ex-pizza delivery folk who used their own cars and just had a policy to cover that.

[Edited on 25/6/14 by coyoteboy]

bowood14

posted on 19/7/14 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Knock on door this morning and there was the diff being delivered only a month later!!!
big_wasa

posted on 19/7/14 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Oh well at least you have it. Did you buy another ?
Was the packaging damaged ?

bowood14

posted on 19/7/14 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Luckily hadn't brought another one, the packaging was destroyed and had been re packed, probably been rolling around in the back of a van!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.