Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: digidash laptimer @ anglesey using beacon?
Autoflock Motorsport

posted on 3/7/14 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
digidash laptimer @ anglesey using beacon?

Hello peepe,

im looking at the lap timer option on my digidash, it says you can use any infrared beacon at a track or etb's own. as anyone ever used a beacon? preffereably at anglesey?

Any help would be great

Kind regards

Raj

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=183445

woodstock

posted on 3/7/14 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
If you are doing trackdays timing is not allowed (usually) so any beacon(s) they have will be turned off.

For the beacons to work you also need to program in the track length otherwise the sector timing beacons might be detected as the start/end of lap.

Mine was enabled by default and so triggered on a recent trackday at Cadwell Park without the lap length set so was a bit intermittent but worked for some laps.

I've decided to put a button on my steering wheel and use the manual method - just need to make sure I don't get caught.

I hope this is some help

Chris

Autoflock Motorsport

posted on 3/7/14 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
hello woodstaock thanks for the reply,

i think there is an option to use gps on the digidash which im now looking into, just going through the manual now its its a tad complicated to say the least. Didnt know timing wasnt allowed but commense sense really for safety and increasing the rish of people running out of talent lol

Kind regards

Raj

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=183445

woodstock

posted on 3/7/14 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, GPS was available as an upgrade and I looked into adding it to mine but unfortunately I have an older one and it can't be done.

You'll find a serial number on the back of the dash and underneath the logger unit. If you call etb instruments they are really helpful and will be able to look up your dash and tell you if it's possible.

Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.