Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Mac1 involved in crash near Peterborough
pmc_3

posted on 4/7/14 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Mac1 involved in crash near Peterborough

Anyone off here?

http://www.peterborought oday.co.uk/news/travel/latest-travel-news/four-vehicle-crash-closed-a605-in-whittlesey-1-6160630

CosKev3

posted on 4/7/14 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear

Looked a nice car:

http://www.m1moc.com/owners/philipbailey/index.html

HowardB

posted on 4/7/14 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
at least no one was seriously hurt,..

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

emwmarine

posted on 4/7/14 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
I hope they can fix it.

I have seen photos of several pretty heavy crashes involving sevens and always been impressed with how they seem to stand up to it. (although I wouldn't like to be hit in the side)

Building a Dax Rush.

bi22le

posted on 4/7/14 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, a minor scratch. now I know how to crash a MAC1!!!

May I speculate though?

Light car and great brakes would strongly suggest that you should be able to out brake an average car assuming you are at a sensible distance and even with out ABS.

BUT

If you have stone cold track day tyres surly you will be at a disadvantage as they will offer less than expected grip and just lock up.

No skid marks can be seen though. . .

discuss!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

locoR1

posted on 4/7/14 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Dont you just love the way papers always seem to take a picture that make people think the sports car was at fault.

Havent spoken to Jem but have been told by friends hes fine, by the sounds of it this accident was caused by some knob overtaking the line of traffic Jem was in, I know the road well not the best place to overtake a single car so hope he gets his comeuppance.
Have been told he was hit from behind so rear damage as well hope he gets it sorted

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

bi22le

posted on 4/7/14 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locoR1
Dont you just love the way papers always seem to take a picture that make people think the sports car was at fault.

Havent spoken to Jem but have been told by friends hes fine, by the sounds of it this accident was caused by some knob overtaking the line of traffic Jem was in, I know the road well not the best place to overtake a single car so hope he gets his comeuppance.
Have been told he was hit from behind so rear damage as well hope he gets it sorted

The smack from the rear would explain the on grass impact that looks like "Jem" aimed for the back of the car!!

glad to hear here is ok. Fingers crossed it all gets sorted.

When I had my shunt MAC1 were integral to the insurance quoting and potential repairs. They were very very helpful and the insurance company fully understood the situation and did not mind me recommending the repairer. Quite refreshing really.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Kev99

posted on 4/7/14 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Jem is fine just pissed off

Jem was stopped waiting to overtake the van with another car and van behind him ,and i believe a vauxhall meriva tried overtaking them all, hit an oncoming car bounced of that into the Audi behind Jem, then hit Jem in the rear pushing him under the parked van

Will take a bit more than polish to sort it

jollygreengiant

posted on 5/7/14 at 05:43 AM Reply With Quote
Glad to hear that Jem is OK. When I saw the pic from the paper I thought it didn't look right, ie more "ooh this will make a good photo" rather than a factual photo of the accident scene. Just goes to prove how photogenic our cars are. Cars are rebuild-able people are not. Also it goes to prove how many "idiot" drivers there are on the road and how we all need to drive safe and aware. Lets hope Plod throws the book at the "offending" driver.

ATB to Jem. Get back in a seven soon mate.

Edit bit

I know that bit of road too, from when I used to go diving at Guildenburgh Pit. Not the best bit of road but adequate for those with patience, I can only assume the idiot who caused it would have been a driver who just didn't care (possibly no insurance/no tax/no licence/known to police type). Just my humble opinion.

[Edited on 5/7/14 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

big_wasa

posted on 5/7/14 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
So is that the Estrea rd ? Why would some mupet over take there ? Most of its a 30 mph limit.

[Edited on 5/7/14 by big_wasa]

Steve ads

posted on 5/7/14 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by emwmarine
I hope they can fix it.

I have seen photos of several pretty heavy crashes involving sevens and always been impressed with how they seem to stand up to it. (although I wouldn't like to be hit in the side)

I can vouch for the lack of side impact protection pretty much non existent and your pretty much the crumple zone

Glad everyone involved is ok I bet he's gutted about the car I know I was hope it all gets sorted soon

brookie

posted on 7/7/14 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
looking like that going to be a cat d damage at least
AJR

posted on 11/7/14 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to see that but glad everyone is ok.
I haven't seen it around before as I'm often over Whittlesey way in mine.
Hope to see it back on the road soon!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.