Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Photos for chassis build proof
Slimy38

posted on 7/7/14 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Photos for chassis build proof

I've now (finally!) completed the front section of the chassis, and just before I start tidying up some of the welds and painting I was wondering what photos I should take to satisfy the IVA man? Is it worth taking photos of pretty much everything on the basis that digital pictures are free and it's always better to have too many than not enough?
twybrow

posted on 7/7/14 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
It is generally the parts that they can no longer see due to panels/obstructions. In particular, I had photos of my lower harness mounts (not easily visible with the seats in). For a chassis build, I would suggest you take representative photos to show your weld quality on a variety of different nodes - you are simply demonstrating you are competent.
chrism

posted on 7/7/14 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
I think you need to take photos while building the chassis to prove that you built it yourself to make sure it goes in the right class of Amatuer built car for the IVA.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

daveb666

posted on 7/7/14 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Neither the dvla nor IVA man looked at my photos.

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

Slimy38

posted on 7/7/14 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrism
I think you need to take photos while building the chassis to prove that you built it yourself to make sure it goes in the right class of Amatuer built car for the IVA.

Yep, I have about 100 photos from tubes of metal all the way to where it is now. It's just they're of the entire chassis rather than anything specific.

Slimy38

posted on 7/7/14 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
It is generally the parts that they can no longer see due to panels/obstructions. In particular, I had photos of my lower harness mounts (not easily visible with the seats in). For a chassis build, I would suggest you take representative photos to show your weld quality on a variety of different nodes - you are simply demonstrating you are competent.

Sounds like a good plan, thanks.

The Black Flash

posted on 7/7/14 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrism

Yes you do - though you'll only need a few and as said they probably won't even look. But take a load anyway, just to be safe.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.