Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: For Sale - Raw Striker
Tiger Super Six

posted on 28/7/14 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
For Sale - Raw Striker

I am selling my Raw Striker which was originally built and registered in 2011 with me buying the car later that year. I have a file of receipts and copies of the registration/IVA info.

The car is built to a very high spec and is one of the best buit strikers that I have come across, hence why I bought it.

Is a fantastic road car and also track toy if you wanted (I have NOT tracked the car). It could also be made legal for race series with minimal work if you wanted to go racing.

The car has the following spec:
• Fully Independent Suspension all round
• Adjustable Suspension
• Electronic Dash ETB Digidash
• 711 1600 Crossflow
• twin 40 Webbers
• Split Tonneau

Car is always garaged and is taxed until August and MOT'd until June 2015.

The car has covered only 2,400 miles

£6,600 ONO, Any question please ask

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

I have advertised on behalf of a friend and the car is located in Great Yeldham, ESSEX.

Dave - 07813 314169

[Edited on 28/7/14 by Tiger Super Six]

Mark

Tiger Avon

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Tiger Super Six

posted on 5/8/14 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
BTTT

I'm suprised there's no interest in this given it's such a clean, well put together Striker?

Any thoughts why not?

Mark

Tiger Avon

bi22le

posted on 5/8/14 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
It is nice and clean but I think the ar$e has fallen out of Kit car sales.

Is it on Pistonheads?

I think the price is about right but have a look on pistonheads and see what similar kits are going for.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Tiger Super Six

posted on 6/8/14 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the reply and it seems to be priced well compared to other RAW cars.

Like you say, might just be the state of the market.

Mark

Tiger Avon

philfingers

posted on 6/8/14 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Wheels and colour scheme for a classic engined car.
And were into August already!
Probably not what you wanted to hear!

The true home of cars born under the Sylva name - http://jpsc.org.uk/forum

STM Phoenix R1
Sold-Sylva Striker 1300xf, 40s etc
Sold-Sylva Phoenix, 1300xf, BVH, 234cam, 2xDCOE 40s, live axle - 'old school', rally car and a few bikes

matted

posted on 6/8/14 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
I am interested but I have had to sell another car to fund the purchase.

My car has sold (deposit taken) but I will not get the funds until early September when the new owner can pick it up.

I will be in contact once I have the money and if the car is still for sale.

Cheers
Matt

Tiger Super Six

posted on 6/8/14 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
OK Matt, cheers for the reply and u2u me when it all comes off your end.

Fingers crossed for your sale.

Mark.

Mark

Tiger Avon

Tiger Super Six

posted on 6/8/14 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by philfingers
Wheels and colour scheme for a classic engined car.
And were into August already!
Probably not what you wanted to hear!

Never thought about the colour scheme and thought it was nice and would have a good general appeal, but as you say, might not be what everyone wants, such is life I guess.

Happy to hear any thoughts so appreciate the reply.

Mark

Tiger Avon

Andy S

posted on 6/8/14 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
The photo's and minimal description do the ad no favours
Only shows one side of the car
Completely hides the interior seats and belts etc.
No engine specification - stock Ford crossflow 90BHP?
No detail of gearbox 4 speed 5 speed
No detail of differential - stock LSD ratio etc.
As noted the colour scheme is 'unusual' for this car and the black appears to go up from the usual alloy to over the GF.
The wheels budget so we are left to assume the tyres are?
Is it an 11 plate or a Q plate or age related, to some this is important.
It may be a very nice car but the ad that needs a lot of work.
The market is flat to down for "kit cars"
To sell it has to be either an absolute bargain that provides absolutely no risk for the buyer ie. Under £4K or - an advert that makes a car look like a bargain that has no risk.

Toyo's / Minilights / Green & Alloy / 1750 X/F on 45's with a proven 150BHP - 3" harnesses and Tillets close ratio, 5 speed and an LSD = Gone

unknown / unknown / Black and Red / 1600 X/F on 40's unknown - unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown = unsold.

Enthusiasts have little care that a car has a particular dash clock or a bit of vinyl that splits down the middle. - engine wheels tyres gearboxes - and if the seller does not know these plain facts - alarm bells ring.

Then again ignore me as one of my cars was just given SOTW status on pistonheads LOL

matted

posted on 7/8/14 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark,

My car is sold.

Can you send me some more photos, detailing front suspension/brakes, engine bay, cockpit and rear suspension/brakes and all sides of the car?

Can you let me know the spec and age of the engine/gearbox/diff.

How many owners has the car had?

Cheers
Matt

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 7/8/14 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
For what its worth, I sold my Striker 3 years ago for £5250.

2002 built, 150bhp Zetec engined, Twin 45 webers, R888s, Spax suspension, reasonable condition. The ad is still on here somewhere i think.

Not passing comment on your car (looks nice) just thought it might be useful for reference.

Tiger Super Six

posted on 7/8/14 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matted
Hi Mark,

My car is sold.

Can you send me some more photos, detailing front suspension/brakes, engine bay, cockpit and rear suspension/brakes and all sides of the car?

Can you let me know the spec and age of the engine/gearbox/diff.

How many owners has the car had?

Cheers
Matt

u2u sent cheers Matt.

Mark

Tiger Avon

Tiger Super Six

posted on 7/8/14 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Norfolkluegojnr
For what its worth, I sold my Striker 3 years ago for £5250.

2002 built, 150bhp Zetec engined, Twin 45 webers, R888s, Spax suspension, reasonable condition. The ad is still on here somewhere i think.

Not passing comment on your car (looks nice) just thought it might be useful for reference.

Cheers - thanks for the info. You'll note this is the new chassis which is independent all the way round rather than the older chassis. I'll take a look for the add.

Mark

Tiger Avon

Tiger Super Six

posted on 7/8/14 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy S
The photo's and minimal description do the ad no favours
Only shows one side of the car
Completely hides the interior seats and belts etc.
No engine specification - stock Ford crossflow 90BHP?
No detail of gearbox 4 speed 5 speed
No detail of differential - stock LSD ratio etc.
As noted the colour scheme is 'unusual' for this car and the black appears to go up from the usual alloy to over the GF.
The wheels budget so we are left to assume the tyres are?
Is it an 11 plate or a Q plate or age related, to some this is important.
It may be a very nice car but the ad that needs a lot of work.
The market is flat to down for "kit cars"
To sell it has to be either an absolute bargain that provides absolutely no risk for the buyer ie. Under £4K or - an advert that makes a car look like a bargain that has no risk.

Toyo's / Minilights / Green & Alloy / 1750 X/F on 45's with a proven 150BHP - 3" harnesses and Tillets close ratio, 5 speed and an LSD = Gone

unknown / unknown / Black and Red / 1600 X/F on 40's unknown - unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown = unsold.

Enthusiasts have little care that a car has a particular dash clock or a bit of vinyl that splits down the middle. - engine wheels tyres gearboxes - and if the seller does not know these plain facts - alarm bells ring.

Then again ignore me as one of my cars was just given SOTW status on pistonheads LOL

Cheers for that - will get the info and look to update

Mark

Tiger Avon

Dopdog

posted on 11/8/14 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
If you ask me its a bargain. Colour scheme is spot on latter type chassis with IRS then it has the new bulk head and dash top rather than the old style striker

its registered and ready to go, good luck with the sale it will go just wait for the right person.

Tiger Super Six

posted on 12/8/14 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers, it genuinely is a clean car and very good condition - like you say a good deal for the right person

Mark

Tiger Avon

alfas

posted on 20/8/14 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Super Six
BTTT

I'm suprised there's no interest in this given it's such a clean, well put together Striker?

Any thoughts why not?

i bought a similar one a few months back...the car was built 2001....i bought it from the first onwer and builder....a "as new" car....driven only 3000miles from new...only dry summer use...for 3600pound

nicely tuned ford crossflow , 5 speed box...speedster screen plus full screen and complete weather gear, wired and suspension setup by raw.

ok...it is a sylva, not raw...and it is a live axle model....

[Edited on 20/8/14 by alfas]

Tiger Super Six

posted on 22/8/14 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
and it's a 13-yrs old car compared to a 3-yr old car - the chassis is different and the whole rear end, so that not like for like but appreciate the comment.

Mark

Tiger Avon

alfas

posted on 22/8/14 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
sure ...but a 13y old car which was hardly used and pampered in the rest of time...from the condition it looked like it was built only a few months back..shiny, clean...as new!!

and most important it cost ~ half of the RAW.

the offered raw has a very unkommon colour scheme....black chassis and black painted alloy panels (alloy should not be painted, imo..and a sylva-ish chassis should be yellow..at least NOT black.)...and the alloy panels may have been painted with black rattle cans...who knows?

also unusual in such a newish car: the "old" ford x/flow..today people want to buy zetec or toyota powered cars...the sales price is like that, but not the engine. with the crossflow the car cannot show its potential suspensionwise...so i think it isnt important having an IRS...a live-axle would do the job too.

what i want to say: if somebody is after a very good sevnish-style car (sylva or derivates) it can be bought for 3-4k without any compromise condition-wise.

[Edited on 22/8/14 by alfas]

Dopdog

posted on 22/8/14 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alfas
sure ...but a 13y old car which was hardly used and pampered in the rest of time...from the condition it looked like it was built only a few months back..shiny, clean...as new!!

the offered raw has a very unkommon colour scheme....black chassis and black painted alloy panels (alloy should not be painted, imo..and a sylva-ish chassis should be yellow..at least NOT black.)...and the alloy panels may have been painted with black rattle cans...who knows?

also unusual in such a newish car: the "old" ford x/flow..today people want to buy zetec or toyota powered cars...the sales price is like that, but not the engine. i alos think with the crossflow the car cannot show its potential suepsnesionwise...so i think it isnt important t have an IRS...a live-axle would do the job too.

what i want to say: if somebody is after a very good sevnish-style car (sylva or derivates) it can be bought for 3-4k without any compromise condition-wise.

What a crock of S**T only yellow chassis, wrong colour scheme, wrong engine. what I do like is your comment that your car cost half the price of the raw version so you sold it cheaper! This is not some old sylva like you owned and before you start on I have built and owned 3 strikers and the first one was from sylva with a yellow chassis. Have you seen the car first hand? if not then how can you pass comment on the condition of the paint if painted on the side panels?

If I was you Tiger I would start a new for sale advert and forget about all of the advice from the touch line. Someone will come along I think the car looks great.

[Edited on 22/8/14 by Dopdog]

loggyboy

posted on 22/8/14 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
That cars worth every penny of the asking price. Sadly due to the market and type of car, its just going to take time to find a buyer.
If your in a rush, reduce it, if not just hang on and time will produce an interested party.

Mistral Motorsport

Tiger Super Six

posted on 22/8/14 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dopdog
quote:
Originally posted by alfas

also unusual in such a newish car: the "old" ford x/flow..today people want to buy zetec or toyota powered cars...the sales price is like that, but not the engine. i alos think with the crossflow the car cannot show its potential suepsnesionwise...so i think it isnt important t have an IRS...a live-axle would do the job too.

What a crock of S**T only yellow chassis, wrong colour scheme, wrong engine. what I do like is your comment that your car cost half the price of the raw version so you sold it cheaper! This is not some old sylva like you owned and before you start on I have built and owned 3 strikers and the first one was from sylva with a yellow chassis. Have you seen the car first hand? if not then how can you pass comment on the condition of the paint if painted on the side panels?

If I was you Tiger I would start a new for sale advert and forget about all of the advice from the touch line. Someone will come along I think the car looks great.

I can start a new thread but people are just making pointless comments which won't be raised to. The sides are wrapped and could go back to alloy panels very easily, just goes to show that people aren't making factual comments or trying to assist.

Mark

Tiger Avon

loggyboy

posted on 22/8/14 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
PM ChrisW, i'm sure he will tidy up the original thread.

Mistral Motorsport

Tiger Super Six

posted on 1/9/14 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
BTTT

Mark

Tiger Avon

Tiger Super Six

posted on 26/9/14 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Bump

Mark

Tiger Avon

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.