Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Caterham R500 seat
carse

posted on 1/8/14 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Caterham R500 seat

Have the option to buy a Tillet Caterham R500 kevlar seat for very decent money - I was wondering if it'd fit in an Indy?

I guess it'd be narrow enough, given it came from a narrow bodied Seven, but the thing I'm interested in is how it'd work with runner etc.

It's just the seat, so the fibreglass back/support that the runners bolt to isn't there.

I'd probably butcher my current seat to get the support off the back of that one and therefore retain the existing runners. Does anyone have any idea if this back part from a standard fibreglass seat from MK fit the Caterham seat, whether it'd give a similar angle, that sort of thing?

Cheers,

Sean

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=28450

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jeffw

posted on 1/8/14 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure what fibreglass support you are talking about. The CR500 seat is pretty much the same as the Tillett B6 and the mounting holes are under the seat
Tillett B6

[Edited on 1/8/14 by jeffw]

carse

posted on 1/8/14 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
You see on the B6 underneath where the lap straps come through, there's a line where the seat has been bonded to another fibreglass item that "supports" the base on the runs roughly 1/2 to 2/3 up the back of the seat.

On the seat I was looking at this has been separated - you can see the adhesive where it has been glued. What I was asking is if the "support" piece on a standard MK-supplied fibreglass seat would work with an R500 seat (in people's opinion/experience) or if the R500 seat will be too narrow or a different shape.

Cheers,

Sean

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=28450

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jeffw

posted on 1/8/14 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Completely different shape. The seat you are talking about has been damaged.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.