Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New parts fitted
Sierra

posted on 1/8/14 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
New parts fitted

Well the starting issue seems to be sorted now that I have a new starter, so I moved onto the next thing seeing as I had today off work.
A few people on here have mentioned that my air filter wasn't in the best place behind the radiator, so I bought a few things and have now got a new filter coming out of the bonnet. The filter is much larger and the pipe work to the tb than to the supercharge a lot shorter.
Next was a temp gauge as I've been asked a lot about my inlet temps and never actually knew what they were. I've fitted a koso digital gauge and sender and went for a quick drive.
Throughout the drive the temp was always around 58'c and when I parked it up in the garage it went upto 64'c. Now I don't know what it was with the old filter but is it still too high now?
Old filter setup

New filter setup

Koso gauge next to steering wheel

Sender in side of plenum (top of picture)

CosKev3

posted on 1/8/14 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Supercharged?
If so your filter will help slightly,but its the air after the charger that causes the temp of air in inlet manifold.
Not sure if you run any sort of intercooler/charge cooler(can't see one)but these would help cool the charged air alot.
IIRC from my Cosworth days your inlet temps are pretty high.
Was the driving temp after giving it a good WOT run,or just normal driving?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.