Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Mounting points for seats
MBrown

posted on 22/8/14 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Mounting points for seats

Hi all, couldn't find anything/any pics about this but I am at the point of deciding how to mount my seats to the chassis.

I have bought seat runners as I want to be sure I can adjust the seat but I am making the haynes chassis and in the book it doesn't show any mounting points. What have people done to fix the seats to the chassis? Any pics to show the design of the box section/metal plate mounting points would be greatly appreciated.

Stot

posted on 22/8/14 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
I welded in some 25mm x 3mm angle with captive nuts welded to the back. You can see below.

Cheers
Stot

MBrown

posted on 22/8/14 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks stot, that looks like a light weight and simple way to do it, I haven't got the seats yet so don't know how far back/forward to position them, it looks like the rear mounting on yours is about 30cm from the back of the cockpit, when you fitted the seat do you have to have it slid back on the slider much? Hope this makes sense, mark
Stot

posted on 22/8/14 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
I pulled the runners out enough so that I could screw a bolt down past the front of the seat, positioned the seat with the back touching the back panel and put the front support where the bolt hole was. The back support position then just measures off your runners.

Cheers
Stot

MBrown

posted on 22/8/14 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Perfect that all makes sense, I'll steal your idea if you don't mind! Thank you
serieslandy

posted on 22/8/14 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
I did mine in a similar way, 3mm strip 40mm wide for the runner and 25mm box for the pas seat so it was the same height (no runner).

Tbh my runner is crap and doesn't really work very well but is better than nothing and I have the seat all the way back.

[Edited on 22/8/14 by serieslandy]

MBrown

posted on 23/8/14 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
That would mean I could sell one of my runners and recoup some money, thanks for the help ppl

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.