Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: compressor air hose
blakep82

posted on 30/9/14 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
compressor air hose

so, i've got another rubber air line on its last legs, the rubber all cracked and perished. they're not cheap either, but i guess they do last a few years.
got me thinking though, nylon braided PVC hose? the clear stuff, often sold as air line hose. good idea? bad idea?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ste

posted on 1/10/14 at 05:00 AM Reply With Quote
£12 for 10m, hardly breaks the bank

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-10m-braided-8mm-14-bsp-nut-tail-air

cliftyhanger

posted on 1/10/14 at 06:02 AM Reply With Quote
Rubber hoses are much much nicer to use as they bend. Plastic type stuff is less compliant......

Not had any probs with mine. OK, still got a 20 year old hose that is a bit perished, but another that came from toolstation a good few years ago that is still perfect. Maybe you just got bad ones and were unlucky. Try a different supplier.

blakep82

posted on 1/10/14 at 06:15 AM Reply With Quote
I've bought from 2 different places (clarke and silverline, maybe the same manufacturer?) And they last a couple of years. 2 or 3.
At £12 for 10m, I'll try the pvc. Doesnt need to be too bendy really. Really need 15m minimum though, for inflating tyres in the street.
12 quid won't break the bank, but the 60mile round trip to collect adds a fair bit to the price

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

RickRick

posted on 1/10/14 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Air Line , Air Hose High Quality Double Skinned Braided Reinforced V/Flexi 10m H

This is the type i'd buy seems to be plenty flexiable and lasts a long time same as we use all round work

mark chandler

posted on 1/10/14 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Try and get big bore hose, it's surprising how much of a difference it makes especially over 15m

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.