Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Westfield crashpad
Streetfighterpete

posted on 1/11/14 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Westfield crashpad

Hi all,

Has anyone got a Westfield scuttle crashpad that they are willing to sell? (the vinyl covered fibreglass item that fits around the edge of the dashboard). I'm looking for one to adapt to my Luego Velocity scuttle. Condition not important as I will recover if needed. Could even need fibreglass repair - anything considered really. Alternatively, anyone know of a cheap way to replicate one from scratch (Westfield want over £150 - I mean come on - it's a bit of fibreglass!!). I've been thinking of bending aluminium tube and cutting it in half etc., but it's all getting a bit complicated really.

Cheers,

Pete

19sac65

posted on 1/11/14 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Yep theyre a rip off
Lots of westfield owners after them or trying to make them
Theres a couple of people that have formed the shape with mdf, covered with dense foam then vinyl

Streetfighterpete

posted on 1/11/14 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah - I've seen them occasionally on Ebay, but they still fetch strong money. I might have a go with some MDF and see how it turns out.

Cheers

Pete

Andybarbet

posted on 1/11/14 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone got some good close up photos of the crash pad ? They do look nice on the westfields.

I've got westfield screen uprights & the finishing strip that the wipers go through too, if i eventually fit a screen, I always liked some of the details on the westfields.

Do you have any pictures of your car Pete ? What stage are you at ?

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

Streetfighterpete

posted on 1/11/14 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy,

I bought the car built about 4 years ago with a 2.0 eight valve twin cam ford engine fitted. I ran it round for a few years and then decided to upgrade the engine to a 16 valve zetec. Problem was I got carried away and before I knew it, the car was stripped back to a rolling chassis! I've fitted the engine and am in the process of making my own polished stainless inlet and exhaust manifolds. I've been gathering bits and bobs as they've come up (40mm GSXR flat slides, mega jolt ignition, kent fast road cams and verniers etc.). Once the manifold is finished and test fitted, I plan to completely strip the car and get it blasted and powder coated and start again from the ground up. I'll load some photos of where I'm at to date. My background is actually building custom bikes, so cars are a bit new to me!

Cheers,

Pete

19sac65

posted on 2/11/14 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Have a look on here
http://westfield-world.com/partsbytype.html
Click on pics and videos on the top bar,then detailed pictures
Theres some good photos of dashboards etc

[Edited on 2/11/14 by 19sac65]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.