Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fireblade 893 rocker cover breather vapour and liquid
tompat3463

posted on 13/11/14 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Fireblade 893 rocker cover breather vapour and liquid

Hi guys. As per my last thread on here I have my 893 blade engine running well in my mini but there is a lot of vapour and a few drops of brown liquid coming from the breather pipe on the rocker cover.

Thus engine has spent most of the last 3 years sat around in the corner of my garage. Could this just be condensation in the rocker cover ? Or is it something more sinister ?

Any help appreciated.

ReMan

posted on 13/11/14 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Probably condensation. Need to run it for a while to properly clear it. Unless its more sinister, head failure etc, but probably not worth stripping just to look

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

tompat3463

posted on 13/11/14 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've have taken the rocker cover off and all seems good. Oil does seem a little thin but I'm guessing that's coz I've just ran it and the oil is hot.

Would I be right in thinking if there was water getting into my oil it would emulsify and turn cream or white ? I guess me thinking the oil is thin is my physics head switching on and thinking the oil is watered down but as the saying goes "oil and water don't mix"

I'm just struggling to see where the vapour is coming from. I had a blade engined kit and I'm positive there wasn't a filter on the breather to stop vapour coming out. It just didn't come out !

Thanks Alan

Matt21

posted on 13/11/14 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Iv had 2 different engines in my indy and both gave off a fair bit of vapour but both ran absolutely fine.
it used to just be open and it would spray back over the sausage filter and the bulkhead, I fitted a catch can but theres never a huge amount in it, a couple of mm at the bottom

was it you that posted the exhaust thread about 2 getting hot? might be worth checking the shims for the valves/cam shafts and make sure the gaps are ok (have a look in the haynes i think for details)

jossey

posted on 13/11/14 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Mine was the same

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.