Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: specific size radiator required
CNHSS1

posted on 15/11/14 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
specific size radiator required

My hillclimber has a charge cooler system and currently uses a VAG family radiator, one of the smaller ones but used on many of their cars. The issue is its too deep (top to bottom) at 322mm deep. I need a max of 290mm really and ideally both inlet and outlet on the same side (nearside ideally).
The modern OEM rads weigh next to nothing, and are cheap which given its the first thing in the firing line during an 'off' is important, so i dont want an alloy aftermarket rad or anything custom that i cant replace in a few days.

So my question is, is there a site that you can enter sizes in a search and it will come up wiyh all suitable options? Ive used this facility with brake discs and its great, but is their a rad equivalent?

Or does anyone know of a circa 550-700mm long x max 290mm water rad?

Cheers on advance
Craig

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

gremlin1234

posted on 15/11/14 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
could you tilt the rad back at the top or bottom?
CNHSS1

posted on 15/11/14 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately its rather tight on space, as its in front of the (larger than original) engine water rad

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

scimjim

posted on 15/11/14 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
I use this site: http://www.aaronradiator.co.uk/catalog/Car_Radiators-5-1.html

Can't put dimensions in to get specific rads but they have the best drawings I've found?

Fiat Seicento? http://www.aaronradiator.co.uk/catalog/Fiat_Seicento_Radiator-557-1.html

CNHSS1

posted on 15/11/14 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
cheers Jim

that looks about spot on

Valtra

posted on 16/11/14 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
Had this dilema recently trying to replace the old Fiat 131 rad from my doner , which are now rare and expensive . trawled the net and found a mazda one that could be made to fit. One thing you need to remember is to check the hose size as well, as there is a wide size range from one make/model to another.

"If it looks like it works and it feels like it works, then it works"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.