Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any Spanish speakers?
JC

posted on 17/11/14 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Any Spanish speakers?

Hi all, number 1 son has a GCSE Spanish oral on Wednesday. He is trying to learn his phrases but has 'just' discovered (*sigh) that the teacher had queried some of his work. Apparently she is no longer allowed to help as she has handed the class the assignment, so we are a bit stuck.

Can anyone out there look at a dozen lines for him and check it - we have tried the various websites but they don't help much!!!!!!

Many thanks

JC and son!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 17/11/14 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Not trying to be funny but finding spanish speakers and getting unfair additional help could be seen as cheating, when compared to a student who doesn't have that access.

joneh

posted on 17/11/14 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Ignore post above - total crap. I work with a few Spanish guys so if you get stuck u2u me the lines and I'll check with someone tomorrow...

Jon

wylliezx9r

posted on 17/11/14 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
I work with a Spanish guy also but I'm not back in work til Wednesday. U2U me if you still need help.

[Edited on 17/11/14 by wylliezx9r]

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

JC

posted on 17/11/14 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offers of help
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 17/11/14 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
I also work with a spanish person. I've also taught. I don't think it's productive to help kids cheat, but it's your call of course. I wouldn't feel the need to call someone's opinion "total crap", either, but if that's your myopic view I can see why you'd think that.

[Edited on 17/11/14 by coyoteboy]

JC

posted on 17/11/14 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Don't think it is cheating as the teachers have corrected the other statements. On the statements in question though, she helpfully put a squiggly line and a question mark with no further expansion....doesn't give him a lot to go on and he didn't query it at the time! Watching him stressing as he has the exam on Wednesday isn't easy!
joneh

posted on 18/11/14 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not suggesting your opinion is total crap, just that statement. There are no rules on private tutoring or limiting a students learning capacity to the classroom or provided text only. It's in no way cheating.
tajgreidotu

posted on 18/11/14 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JC
Hi all, number 1 son has a GCSE Spanish oral on Wednesday. He is trying to learn his phrases but has 'just' discovered (*sigh) that the teacher had queried some of his work. Apparently she is no longer allowed to help as she has handed the class the assignment, so we are a bit stuck.

Can anyone out there look at a dozen lines for him and check it - we have tried the various websites but they don't help much!!!!!!

Many thanks

JC and son!

I'm working abroad since 2 years, but I am Spanish.

Let me know how can I help you

whitestu

posted on 18/11/14 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm not suggesting your opinion is total crap, just that statement. There are no rules on private tutoring or limiting a students learning capacity to the classroom or provided text only. It's in no way cheating.

+1

How can preparing for an exam possibly be cheating? You should take every advantage you can possibly get other than cheating, and cheating involves either seeing the paper beforehand or taking in additional information or aids that aren't allowed.

nick205

posted on 18/11/14 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
quote:

+1

How can preparing for an exam possibly be cheating? You should take every advantage you can possibly get other than cheating, and cheating involves either seeing the paper beforehand or taking in additional information or aids that aren't allowed.

+2

Using initiative and resources is the way things get done and people get on in life. Seeking help in preparing for an exam is not cheating. Think of it in terms of a job interview and seeking out an expert in the field (or an existing employee) to get some pointers beforehand.

Kids should be taught to think, search and learn!

Macbeast

posted on 18/11/14 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Google Translate is not perfect, but it's pretty good.

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

02GF74

posted on 18/11/14 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Nein

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.