Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how crap is your daily driver
mk85

posted on 28/11/14 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
how crap is your daily driver

My daily driver is a pug 205 1.1 on lpg 425,000miles hasn't been washed in 6 years has no passenger seat or boot. Drivers door is dented the paint is flat and messed up. But love the idea that its so crapy an knowing I have the porsche on the drive and mk indy in the garage.

Anyone else have the same mentality as me!!!

mk85

posted on 28/11/14 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 28/11/14 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
I have a £300 02 astra with 120k on the clock. Its been crashed and the bodywork not repaired. The air con doesnt work, the central locking doesn't work, the boot doesn't open. The heating works but you have to drive with the windows open because the interior streams with massive amounts of water. Bonnet doesn't open and it uses about 5 litres of oil a month.

Its horrible and stinks because of the damp but it just keeps going.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

mark chandler

posted on 28/11/14 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
I like a decent daily driver, just not an expensive one so my v40 for £950 was great for 3 years, just cost a set of brake pads and oil, part ex on my current daily, a v70 D5 which is fantastic, great radio and very fast, dB7 and Locost tucked away in the garage
gaz_gaz

posted on 28/11/14 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with Mark. I like a nice daily
5 series Msport tourer as daily
Porsche and MNR in the garage for now.

owelly

posted on 28/11/14 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
I run a £400 1.8T A4 Quattro. It's done 260,000 miles and keeps going........ I have a £150 Saab 2.2TiD 9-3 sat on the drive for when the Audi dies...... I also have the Ambulance for when the other cars fail or swmbo breaks the Espace, which happens most days.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
YQUSTA

posted on 29/11/14 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
Mine is either the Clio 197 or the 911 C4S.

Both are a great drive for different reasons.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

pekwah1

posted on 29/11/14 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
hmm.....
am i gonna sound like a twat if i say i've got a relatively new BMW 1 series m-sport?
it's ok tho it's not really mine, just the company car.... but when i lose it next year i'm "upgrading" to a mk2 golf

loggyboy

posted on 29/11/14 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
My daily is also my track hack.

Sadly its far too much fun and is stopping me from getting on with the Striker.

Mistral Motorsport

bi22le

posted on 29/11/14 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
Company car so essentially a free and almost new mondeo estate titanium X auto. Dont float my boat but looks smart.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

YQUSTA

posted on 29/11/14 at 12:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

Sadly its far too much fun and is stopping me from getting on with the Striker.

Can't agree more, I fell in love with the fun factor of our Clio the first day I got it and every time I drive it it makes me smile.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

samjc

posted on 29/11/14 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
Audi A4 07 model estate but only due to family upgrades but when my insurance goes down in a year or so ill get a mk6 fiesta again (was my first car) and have a little cheap play as be a cheap run arround. Love small hatchbacks
Mr Whippy

posted on 29/11/14 at 01:59 AM Reply With Quote
most will already know my daily car by now, think this is my forth one of these. It may be old and slow but it just keeps going with no fuss or bother and I've yet to have one not go straight through an MOT and to me that's all that matters.

However I can honestly say there isn't anything I'd change on this car, if I could buy a brand new one out the showroom today I would, so for crapness I'd give it 0/10

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
joneh

posted on 29/11/14 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Nice Jeep Patriot for me.

It's like driving a noisy tank. It's not very comfortable and doesn't like corners but I love it

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 940
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 29/11/14 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
14 plate new shape BMW 320d M Sport auto - 45 mpg around town and 55 in the motorway. Free road tax for the first year, £30 after that.
Absolutely fantastic car ! In particular, the concierge service. You just call them up and get them to send you to where you want to go rather than searching while you're driving.
I've used it to ask for "can you send me to the nearest hotel for the night please" when we were out driving one day and it was too late to make it back home. They know exactly where you are because the car talks to the BMW "system".
I've also got an app on my phone so I can put the heating on on a cold morning from my bed... Honestly this car is the business !
Only regret is I didn't get adaptive cruise control, but other than that - it's a 10/10 !

Also got the Caterham in the garage which too is awesome fun and brings out this child in my every time I get behind the wheel.

Simon

posted on 29/11/14 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Well, having spent nearly enough over the last ten years on cars to pay off the mortgage, I can honestly say that my £800 MG TF gets the most use though currently off the road for a few more days while I swap the rank grey cloth interior for a nice black leather one.

Then it'll be getting the turboed engine......

Cheers

Simon

posted on 29/11/14 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
'98 Volvo V70, 2.5l TDI n a mere 171k at the moment.
Perfect for carting around welders, saws, lengths of steel etc!
Just bought track-spec anti-roll bars for it, and bigger VNT turbo is on the to-do list too.
I'm afraid it's not at all poo though, few bits of character but thats it. one window doesn't go down, boot missing a few plastic panels etc

beaver34

posted on 29/11/14 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
I run a s2 Elise 111r bit of a pain getting in an out but feels special
scutter

posted on 29/11/14 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
I've a soft spot for big diesel estates, so currently a 03 Saab 9-5 3.0Tid before that was a 2.5 A6 avant.

Not terrible but nothing new.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

computid

posted on 29/11/14 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Current rocking a 330d E92 on a 62 plate.

Bought it in January at 4500 miles, currently sitting at around 27k. Love it to bits but it is a little unreliable...

[Edited on 29/11/14 by computid]

theprisioner

posted on 29/11/14 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
2008 Ford Transit Connect, white van man and proud of it. I don't have a Scottish flag or a YES poster in my house window and I am not a Labour supporter either.

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

daviep

posted on 29/11/14 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
1 crap car is never enough!

T reg Merc Sprinter - Looks horrific, the bottom 6" of the front doors have rotted off and now get wrapped in duct tape once a year to appease the MOT man, the bodywork would be described as tatty (at best). But it's not really crap because it starts first time everytime, runs on anything remotely resembling diesel and passes it's MOT every year.

X reg Fiesta - Still got the original exhaust and battery, probably the only good things going for it. But it's not crap either, I drive it like I stole it and it never lets me down, again passes MOT every year (but rot may be a problem next year).

53 plate Discovery - Leaks like a sieve, sunroof, windscreen, door seals, axles, gearbox, basically every orifice. Gutless as fcuk, couldn't pass anything least of all an MOT, truly crap in every sense, but really it's the wife's car and she loves it.

Cheers
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

monkeyarms

posted on 29/11/14 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
I like a nice daily, 2006 Jaguar XK Coupe -

my two...

Slimy38

posted on 29/11/14 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
I'm currently driving a Renault Captur, it has got to be one of the worst cars I've ever driven. Everything about it is horrible. As an example, one of it's 'features' is removable seat covers. But even though they're factory seat covers, they still make it look like I've just driven away from Halfords with one of their bargain sets!

But I have one of these arriving Monday;

[Edited on 29/11/14 by Slimy38]

CosKev3

posted on 29/11/14 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote

Some very nice dailys

I like to keep my dailys pretty clean and respectful, but can't help myself and always mod them

My VRS is running 243bhp/357lb ft, GTB turbo, Forge cooler, Peloquin LSD, KW coilovers.

The best part of my commute to work is coming across people in 3ltr Diesel BMW's and Audis

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.