Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel Cell
JamesyCottony

posted on 14/12/14 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel Cell

Hi guys,

Need some help with my fuel cell.

Are the two pipes on the left and right breather pipes? And the middle one the pick up line?

Also, how do I attach a pick up line actually inside the tank? As the bottom of this doesn't look like you can attach a line to it (Top in picture)?

Inside of where pickup bit goes:

Also I have started to attach the fuel line:

On the breather pipes is it necessary to hoop the line so that no fuel comes out?

or can I just put it out the side of the boot?

Cheers

daniel mason

posted on 14/12/14 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Is the outlet from the tank not at the bottom of the tank? Lowest point? And where's the fuel pump going? Is it carbed of injected motor?
JamesyCottony

posted on 14/12/14 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
Is the outlet from the tank not at the bottom of the tank? Lowest point? And where's the fuel pump going? Is it carbed of injected motor?

Outlet is at top of tank which is why I am confused about how it picks it up if I cant attach a fuel line to the inside part of the no return valve. Its a carb engine with a mechanical pump.

JamesyCottony

posted on 14/12/14 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Might need to purchase a new no return valve so I can attach a pickup line to it, or get a piece of tube tacked onto the valve

[Edited on 14/12/14 by JamesyCottony]

JamesyCottony

posted on 14/12/14 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Just spoke to one guy that said this:

I would say the two outer pipes are for feed/return and the middle one is the breather.
(The feed would need to pick up from the bottom of the tank, the centre one doesn't do this (you can see the baffle foam underneath it).

Makes sense

dave_424

posted on 14/12/14 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Feed and return on the sides, vent in the centre. That red fitting in the centre, is it clear all the way through? if not then it might be a check valve that lets the tank breathe but in the even of a rollover it will stop fuel coming out
chrism

posted on 14/12/14 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
I would second that the 2 outer are the feed and return as they look like pipes that pass through the skin and are welded in place, and they will go to the bottom (and possible Middle) of the tank and the middle one is the breather.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

JamesyCottony

posted on 14/12/14 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, cool, cheers guys. As it is a mechanical pump then it won't need a return, so could I use both as a feed?
JamesyCottony

posted on 14/12/14 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Also, would I need a pressure regulator in the fuel line? its a 1.3 1980s metro engine with the mechanical fuel pump next to the carb
dave_424

posted on 14/12/14 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't have thought you would need a regulator since you are using the standard mechanical pump that would have been built to supply the right pressure for the carb.

I believe you could use both as a feed, probably simpler to just use one and cap the other

DW100

posted on 15/12/14 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
The return is not likely to go to the bottom of the tank. You'll need to work out which one is flow and which return. Maybe a call to whoever made it?

Or use a piece of stiff wire with a bend on the end, pass it down inside feeling for how far down the end of the pipes are?

[Edited on 15/12/14 by DW100]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.