Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted:- Mig / Tig Welder
Steve Hignett

posted on 24/12/14 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
Wanted:- Mig / Tig Welder

Hi All,

I don't know whether this is a good or bad time of year to be putting up a Wanted post, but here goes!

Does anyone have an old Mig Welder that they don't need or want any more that they would be willing to let go for no, or very little, money?
Or even to lend on a semi long term basis and return?

If someone had a Tig set, then that would be amazing, but I suspect that might be pushing it!

As local as possible would be great, but could send a courier, and in as poor condition as it gets is fine by me, assuming it will work of course!

Ok, that's Wanted post 1 of 2 over with from me!
Please get in touch via U2U, or text/call me on 07585 22 37 69

Thanks very much, in advance of any offers of what you have, it is and will be very appreciated when tackling the upcoming three or four projects!
Thanks,
Steve.

rick1962uk

posted on 24/12/14 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
shame your so far away as i have a small tig set that i raley use
snakebelly

posted on 24/12/14 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
I have both and I'm of to Sri Lanka for 5 weeks on the 2nd, your welcome to borrow until I get back, The workshops in Market Drayton. Ill PM you my number give me a bell if your interested.
NigeEss

posted on 24/12/14 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Got a Kempii Mastertig 1500 (DC only) you can borrow for a couple of months or so.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

Steve Hignett

posted on 28/12/14 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Just wanted to say a huge thank you to "Snakebelly", I have a Tig welder sitting in my shed and I'm furiously watching every Tig welding tutorial YouTube has to offer!!

I just hope that I can do the set justice on the manifold I intend to make for the MX5!
Cheers Mac, your a star!
See you in a few weeks mate.

quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
I have both and I'm of to Sri Lanka for 5 weeks on the 2nd, your welcome to borrow until I get back, The workshops in Market Drayton. Ill PM you my number give me a bell if your interested.

blakep82

posted on 28/12/14 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
i managed this within about an hour of being shown what to do.
Description
Description

Description
Description

just remember GAS ON! or you'll ruin the tungsten which is a pain.
not sure what current you'll need to set, but get the tungsten right in close, about 1mm from the weld pool, but don't touch down

good luck

[Edited on 28/12/14 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

prawnabie

posted on 28/12/14 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
I have an RTEC AC/DC jobbie that I bought new 2 years ago (the 2 year warranty expired at the beginning of the month) I haven't even switched it on yet so I hope it works!!!

Finally got round to booking a course at the local college for February!

Steve Hignett

posted on 28/12/14 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
I bought one of the Chinese sets that came up on here a few years ago that was done as a bulk buy by someone, didn't turn that on straight away (14 months I think) then when I did it didn't work, but when I got in touch with the member I got told where to go...

Rtec, shouldn't give you the same deal so I wouldn't worry about it, mind you I wouldn't leave it much longer!!

You gad someone showing you Blake?
That's a thought, now if only it was an option!!

blakep82

posted on 28/12/14 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
Svq2 welding and fabrication Steve. Not sure what the england equivalent is but its basically 1st year apprentice work.
So yes I have, but he's also teaching 10 others.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.