Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Top gear special predictions!
daniel mason

posted on 27/12/14 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Top gear special predictions!

I predict;
Jezza will want to take a shortcut which ends up being anything but!
Hammond will keep driving into the back of May blaming his poor brakes!
May will take the lead and get them lost!
One or 2 of them will spend the nights awake due to loud snoring!

Anything I've missed? Other than them getting chased out of the country? I'll still be watching

[Edited on 27/12/14 by daniel mason]

loggyboy

posted on 27/12/14 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
They'll fall in love with thier cars and the country/region (the patagonia part anyway)

Mistral Motorsport

jossey

posted on 27/12/14 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
hammond will bring his car home to keep

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kenton

posted on 27/12/14 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Sky+ set to record, I,m leaving for my own road trip to Patagonia today!
Hope the Argies have calmed down.
Pics will be over on the SKCC forum
Kenton

[Edited on 27/12/14 by kenton]

Calzonii

posted on 27/12/14 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Enjoy your trip Kenton.. Wanna go there someday!

rusty nuts

posted on 27/12/14 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Clarkson will make a prat of himself, as usual
Oddified

posted on 28/12/14 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
I normally like topgear even if it is a bit daft at times, but i thought this one was a bit rubbish. The same script, 3 cars, ones always a lemon (or made to be for the show...) deliberately taken on roads/surfaces to break them or get stuck. Just how many gears did Hamond's car have to start with, he kept loosing another gear most of the show but it kept going!! lol

Tonights part 2 might be slightly more entertaining with their problem over the Porsche 'reg' number. With everything else that is so obviously planned out behind the scenes, the chances of having that reg by accident was 0%.

Some of their 'specials' are entertaining/funny, not this one for me so far....

Ian

r1_pete

posted on 28/12/14 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Clarkson did show a human side though when talking about visiting his dad, quite a memorable bit of the programme.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sdh2903

posted on 28/12/14 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Clarkson did show a human side though when talking about visiting his dad, quite a memorable bit of the programme.

Was just about to say the same thing. Quite touching.

I'm also getting a hankering for an esprit now.

daniel mason

posted on 28/12/14 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Wait until after tonight's show before committing to an esprit. I reckon it's gonna fail badly at some point!
Oddified

posted on 28/12/14 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
It's the best car out of the 3!
jeffw

posted on 28/12/14 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oddified
I normally like topgear even if it is a bit daft at times, but i thought this one was a bit rubbish. The same script, 3 cars, ones always a lemon (or made to be for the show...) deliberately taken on roads/surfaces to break them or get stuck. Just how many gears did Hamond's car have to start with, he kept loosing another gear most of the show but it kept going!! lol

Tonights part 2 might be slightly more entertaining with their problem over the Porsche 'reg' number. With everything else that is so obviously planned out behind the scenes, the chances of having that reg by accident was 0%.

Ian

There is no way they planned the Porsche number plate....its a real stretch even if you know what you are looking at after the event.

scootz

posted on 28/12/14 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:
Originally posted by Oddified

Ian

There is no way they planned the Porsche number plate....its a real stretch even if you know what you are looking at after the event.

Please tell me that was typed tongue-in-cheek (so to speak... I mean type!) and that you don't honestly believe it was a 'coincidence'.

It's Evolution Baby!

jeffw

posted on 28/12/14 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Actually I believe it was a complete coincidence....they are not know for being subtle and this was certainly that. Even now I can't believe people think it has anything to do with the Falklands and I served in the RN at the time.

But then I was against Scottish independence because oil prices go down as well as up and look how wrong I was on that one.

scootz

posted on 28/12/14 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
... but then I was against Scottish independence because oil prices go down as well as up and look how wrong I was on that one.

Of course oil prices fluctuate (sometimes wildly) - always have and always will...

It's Evolution Baby!

loggyboy

posted on 28/12/14 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

Please tell me that was typed tongue-in-cheek (so to speak... I mean type!) and that you don't honestly believe it was a 'coincidence'.

I do, apparently jc wanted a 928, only 2 were for sale, they chose the better one. The plate was confirmed as being original dvla issue from new. No dpubt in my mind it was fluke.
as said, if they wanted to provoke it would be obvious (ie painted cars in us rental car special) and would be all 3 cars.

Mistral Motorsport

flak monkey

posted on 28/12/14 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

I do, apparently jc wanted a 928, only 2 were for sale, they chose the better one. The plate was confirmed as being original dvla issue from new. No dpubt in my mind it was fluke.
as said, if they wanted to provoke it would be obvious (ie painted cars in us rental car special) and would be all 3 cars.

QFT

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

owelly

posted on 29/12/14 at 05:31 AM Reply With Quote
The TG producers were told before the they ever got to Argentina, that there could be a 'hostile reception'. As said, the Porche reg was a fluke.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

jeffw

posted on 29/12/14 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Certainly the 2nd part shows that the number plate seems to have been used as an excuse by the protesters.

[Edited on 29/12/14 by jeffw]

Oddified

posted on 29/12/14 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
If the reg was a coincidence, it was a million to one but either way as said above it would appear that that was only the cherry on the cake of anti uk feelings!. Perhaps not the place to go for a holiday....

Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.