Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dog poo in plastic bags
SteveWallace

posted on 28/12/14 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Dog poo in plastic bags

Its a lovely day so I've just been for a walk along some bridleways through the snow (having set up an electrolysis bath of parts to fester first).

I get that some people take dogs for a walk and don't clean up after them. I get that some people take dogs for a walk and pick up their dogs poo in a plastic bag and put it in the bin.

But, why on earth do people go to the trouble of picking their dogs poo up and thne hang the bag in a tree like some sort of smelly festive decoration !!!

nero1701

posted on 28/12/14 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
I used to have a 8 1/2 stone german shepherd, I always picked up the poop into a little bag(well actually quite a big bag) was great for keeping your hands warm in your pocket until you found a bin to put it into.
Smoking Frog

posted on 28/12/14 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it's strange the lengths people go to, when it's most likely easier to put it in a bin.
rusty nuts

posted on 28/12/14 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
As a dog owner(sort of , he belongs to SWMBO) it pisses me off when people don't clean up after their dog . We're lucky, we have a local field we can let the dog run in, even there I clean up after him. I once stayed in a caravan park in Newton Abbot that even supplied bags and still people couldn't be bothered.
Ivan

posted on 29/12/14 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
On our walk have noticed that some people bag it and hang it in a tree until they return on their way home then collect it - saves them carrying it all the way. Must admit I don't understand it but they obviously prefer to do it that way.
jacko

posted on 29/12/14 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
On our walk have noticed that some people bag it and hang it in a tree until they return on their way home then collect it - saves them carrying it all the way. Must admit I don't understand it but they obviously prefer to do it that way.

Is that it
It must be what there doing when they put is over my garden wall then.
but forget to pick it up when they come back my way

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locogeoff

posted on 30/12/14 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan

That's exactly what I used to do when walking our pooch, very occasionally I'd be distracted when re-passing the point and not notice it and when you get home you realise you're a bag of poo down, you come across it the next day and take it home. No big deal.

I don't understand the bag it and chuck it brigade, better to just chuck it, the poo will degrade a lot quicker that way, this would be ok where I used to go walking as it was a huge forest walk used by myself and half a dozen dog walkers, but not acceptable in a more urban environment.

Regards
Geoff

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.