Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kit Parts Direct GRP Seats: Anyone use them?
BigMac

posted on 29/12/14 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Kit Parts Direct GRP Seats: Anyone use them?

Hi guys

Apologies if this particular brand of seat has been 'done to death'- couldn't find anything on the search.

I'm contemplating swapping my JK composites for these from kit parts direct, primary reason being that my JKs are mounted to the bulkhead which means that there's no adjustability for other drivers (the wife, friends etc). I'm looking at swapping them out for a set which have solid bases and mounting hardware in them, so they can be mounted to rails- well, at least the drivers side could.

Just wondering if anyone is using these seats before I take the plunge and buy them? They look like a good quality to me, bearing in mind they're £170 for the pair. Or does anyone else have any other recommendations along the same lines?

Thanks in advance all,

Ben.

jacko

posted on 29/12/14 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Do a search i think that company has gone
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big-vee-twin

posted on 29/12/14 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
I had a look for them on Hull and couldn't find them!

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

jacko

posted on 29/12/14 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=188561

Have a read all the way down this post

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theprisioner

posted on 29/12/14 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Very similar parts at (GBS) KitSpares Direct

http://www.kitspares.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1012

I did not like them as the finish at the back was not good, I guess they have improved them judging by the illustration.

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

danny keenan

posted on 29/12/14 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi check out my seats all good quality and have a carbon headrest.
http://www.mksportscars.com/parts-interior.html

Thanks Danny

CosKev3

posted on 29/12/14 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigMac
Hi guys

Apologies if this particular brand of seat has been 'done to death'- couldn't find anything on the search.

I'm contemplating swapping my JK composites for these from kit parts direct, primary reason being that my JKs are mounted to the bulkhead which means that there's no adjustability for other drivers (the wife, friends etc). I'm looking at swapping them out for a set which have solid bases and mounting hardware in them, so they can be mounted to rails- well, at least the drivers side could.

Just wondering if anyone is using these seats before I take the plunge and buy them? They look like a good quality to me, bearing in mind they're £170 for the pair. Or does anyone else have any other recommendations along the same lines?

Thanks in advance all,

Ben.

MK seats are very nice.

But do you realise you can get bases for your JK's so they will then fit onto runners?
If you don't fancy bonding them on yourself take the seats to JK and they will fit them.

threadbare wallet

posted on 30/12/14 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
I have the kitspares ones,they have a built in base that can be bolted to a runner.the backs are nice and stiff and the finish is great but they are not made for the "larger man" lol i fit great but some of my pie eating mates need a hand to get back out!!!

Very few things are "really" needed.

clutch_kick

posted on 30/12/14 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by threadbare wallet
I have the kitspares ones,they have a built in base that can be bolted to a runner.the backs are nice and stiff and the finish is great but they are not made for the "larger man" lol i fit great but some of my pie eating mates need a hand to get back out!!!

.... and so are there any seats around that will accept wide loads? don't think I'll be losing weight any time soon by the looks of all the christmas goodies.

BigMac

posted on 30/12/14 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone for the replies, I'm glad I asked now.

Seems I'll steer clear of the Kit Parts Direct ones then.

I agree with clutch_kick, if it don't wide loads, I'm afraid I'm out! That said clutch_kick, my current seats are the ones from JK, but the wider of the Sevens models, they're snug around the waist, but very supportive if you have the blessing of an built-in cake shelf like myself...

More research needed I think, but seems the moral of the story is don't buy the ones from Kit Parts Direct then!

Cheers all,

Ben.

clutch_kick

posted on 30/12/14 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Those JK seats look nice .... they do have a floor bracket it seems on the website.

Not sure what will be on offer with my Kit .... I should be popping over to the UK to get things finalised end of January.

Sadsy

posted on 7/1/15 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
I've just received my jk seats today and the quality is excellent. They fit very nice in the fury and bolt to the floor at the front on the seat lip, little brackets for the upmost part of the seat supplied. I'm very happy with them I'm glad I got these even though kit car place is local to me.
AJR

posted on 16/1/15 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
What is the comfort like in these sorts of seats as I'm thinking of changing?

I have a set of Cobra 7 seats and obviously won't expect the same sort of comfort but if I were to change to these would I be regretting it after a couple of hours driving?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.