Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: -10 -12 & -16 wanted
unijacko67

posted on 4/1/15 at 12:42 AM Reply With Quote
-10 -12 & -16 wanted

I aint got my dry sump tank as yet so not sure of lengths, but wondered if anyone has any of the following.

For the oil I need -12 for the feed from the dry sump tank to the pump, -10 from the pump to the oil filter, -16 for the scavenge return line from the pump to the tank, this will need a crimped -16 Wiggins fitting at the pump end and a Wiggins clamp, I think only Pro Gold do the wiggins fittings.

Any help in part would be great, thanks.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CNHSS1

posted on 4/1/15 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Be worth dropping Nick Skidmore a line, hes usually got loads of odds and ends for plumbing single seaters and the gear to crimp them too

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

Pat_T

posted on 4/1/15 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
I have 4 -12AN bolt on fittings with one blanking cap that I might not require..

All have a new O-ring seal on the underside.

Might be useful for you? Could also be used for weld-on?

Description
Description

cheers

[Edited on 4/1/15 by Pat_T]

www.instagram.com/patroclueus

unijacko67

posted on 4/1/15 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks CNHSS1 & Pat-T

I don't think I need anymore bosses as the tank has been ordered with the correct bosses, thanks for info so far, sump to pump is all done.

Apart from the crimp on style fittings can the pipe fittings be re used if I where to find some second hand over length pipes and cut to length or would I need to buy new fittings, sorry not done these before, but made all my braided brake lines and thought it would be a similar job. I’m not even sure how expensive the pipe and fittings will be and it may be a case of biting the bullet and getting new.

Anyone else got anything or info, cheers.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pat_T

posted on 4/1/15 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
I've just done a load of AN6 fuel lines and am about to start some AN10 and AN16 oil lines.

I don't see why they couldn't be reused, however you have to be pretty careful with the fittings as the aluminium used in them is always pretty soft, despite the hard anodizing they all get. A good tip is to wrap all the Hex's in duct tape and then use a decent adjustable spanner if you don't want to mark the anodising before you've even started..

at the moment I'm struggling to find a M26x1.5 to AN10 male-to-male adapter that I need anywhere!

www.instagram.com/patroclueus

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.