Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LG G2?
coozer

posted on 13/2/15 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
LG G2?

Ok, I'm looking for a new phone and when I come on here the advert at the top takes me to expansys.com for the lg g2..

Question is has anyone used expansys as I do fancy the lg phone and they are about the best price here in the UK without any Sissy things to worry about.

And, anyone got a lg g2? What they like compared to a nexus 6 or HTC 816??

Cheers,
Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

britishtrident

posted on 14/2/15 at 06:33 AM Reply With Quote
The HTC Desire 816 has just been superseded by the 820

Her indoors got an HTC Desire 62O last week and is over the moon with it from 3mobile on a 2 year contract less than she was paying for her Samsung Ace 1 with zero up front cost. She is over the moon with it is a crackingly good bit of kit.

The 820 has a faster processor than the 620 and then camera is 13mp compared with 8mp in the 620.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

BigLee

posted on 14/2/15 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know about the G2, but I've just ditched my iPhone for a G3 and absolutely love it. I use my iphone as a coaster for my brew now! I was concerned I would struggle switching from Apple to Android but found Android far more intuitive. My work iPhone feels so damn small too. LG have made a very good phone, and for me, it's £15 a month less than the iPhone 6 on the same contract. A couple of my friends have made the same change and love the phone.
simonrh

posted on 14/2/15 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Typing this on a g2. Also have a Sony z3 and had an iPhone 5 and galaxy note 2. G2 is the the best of all of them. To the extent where I am after buying one for my wife too.
Right size, brilliant battery, fast, ultra configurable (never seem to find yourself thinking "why can't I change that" very similar to nexus 5 but with bigger battery and screen.

splitrivet

posted on 14/2/15 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
G3 here too, best phone Ive ever had, that includes Samsungs (good but battery life crap), Iphone, apple got you by the balls unless you jailbreak.
Everything about the Phone is superb, overnight charge lasts nearly 4 days, display excellent, camera A1.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 14/2/15 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
I have a lg g2 too, um and also considering getting one for the wife!

Agree with what has been said, fast, configurable, (rootable and many upgrade roms available) mega battery life(why I went for it over the nexus 5), easily lasts a full day, if no more. (depending on your usage of course)

expansys, used them a long time ago and were fine. Still in business so must be doing something right I guess!

NB there is no sd card slot, so if you are a heavy media user, the 32gb one is useful, tho you can just plug in a OTG memory stick.. 20quid gets you a 64gb one.

mines curently running cynogenmod 12, so lollipop..

HappyFather

posted on 14/2/15 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Question is has anyone used expansys as I do fancy the lg phone and they are about the best price here in the UK without any Sissy things to worry about.

I used Expansys some years ago to buy an external GPS gadget for the wife (she's that kind of gal).
My colleague at work bought is last 2 or 3 HTC's from there too (last one, the HTC One M8, just before xmas).
So, I think you can trust the shop.

Regarding phones, I'm very happy with my OnePlus One. Half the price of an high-end but with the specs of an high-end. I read that if you're unlucky and need support, it's a nightmare. But since in 15 years I have phones I never needed support... I decided to gamble. Lucky so far! (knocks wood)

dave

posted on 14/2/15 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Had a G3 for the last 6 months and its the best phone I've had.
coozer

posted on 22/2/15 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Unbelievable!

Just got my bonus, goes to xpansys and guess what? None left, only a white one...

DOH!

Do fancy the Oneplus One but do not trust China sellers....

I'm getting very wary of the amount of Chinese sellers disguising their websites to look like they are in the UK.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Slimy38

posted on 22/2/15 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Unbelievable!

Just got my bonus, goes to xpansys and guess what? None left, only a white one...

DOH!

Do fancy the Oneplus One but do not trust China sellers....

I'm getting very wary of the amount of Chinese sellers disguising their websites to look like they are in the UK.

Oneplus are rapidly getting the reputation of a very poor aftersales company, there's not many failures but the hassle of getting a replacement puts me off as well.

Having said that, my next phone will likely come from http://www.merimobiles.com/, they get consistently very good reviews. Most importantly although they're a chinese company, they appear to have global return addresses (Ireland pops up occasionally), so much easier to return if faulty. Leave Oneplus to make the phones, let someone else sell them!

http://www.merimobiles.com/oneplus-one-5-5-inch-CyanogenMod11S-3gb-ram-16gb-rom-smartphone_p/meri10161.htm

simonrh

posted on 22/2/15 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
We just bought my wife's 32gb g2 from expansys so there may be none at all now!
coozer

posted on 22/2/15 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Managed to find one on the bay.. same price as expansys.. so we will see...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

simonrh

posted on 23/2/15 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
My own one came from ebay but it turned out to be Korean and needs a complicated combination of buttons to press on it to enable 4G. Think I just got unlucky with that and need to flash UK software on to it.
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 23/2/15 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
the international version didn't have 4g as an option, you had to go into the menus and enable it, frustrating. I've now moved to cynogenmod 12 which has it all sorted.

if you get stuck:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.