Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wheelcarrier.co.uk
mookaloid

posted on 16/2/15 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
wheelcarrier.co.uk

Anyone used these guys? http://www.wheelcarrier.co.uk/ any good?

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

ianhurley20

posted on 16/2/15 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark - I haven't used them before but have just used Paisley Freight which does 4 wheels/tyres up to 17" and they cost £30.99 for 24 hour courier. I would certainly recommend them
Ian

v8kid

posted on 16/2/15 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
Hi Mark - I haven't used them before but have just used Paisley Freight which does 4 wheels/tyres up to 17" and they cost £30.99 for 24 hour courier. I would certainly recommend them
Ian

Ditto for paisley freight

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
velocitykendal

posted on 16/2/15 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
To those that have used Paisley Freight; Did you individually wrap each wheel as per their instructions?

quote:

Goods need to to be individually wrapped with cardboard over the entire alloy wheel and then fully enclosed with bubble wrap with an address label put on each parcel.

Seems like a faff.

ianhurley20

posted on 16/2/15 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
I used cardboard circles to cover each side of the wheel, large bubble wrap around the lot and some cling film to finally wrap the wheel. Yes its a bit of a faf but it means it arrives with no damage or scratches added
blakep82

posted on 16/2/15 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
Anyone used these guys? http://www.wheelcarrier.co.uk/ any good?

Cheers

Mark

Total guff! Avoid like the plague.
Booked in some door cards to go to IOM, good price, all seemed excellent,, booked, paid, told the guy who bought them what day they'd be there, all good, never got collected. Contacted them, and the replied days later saying there was a problem with the local agent or something, so they refunded me to avoid any further inconvenience.
Erm, avoiding inconvenience would involve getting them collected. All they did was make more inconvenience because I had to then go looking for other couriers, which were much more expensive. Left me out of pocket

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

locoR1

posted on 16/2/15 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Definitely avoid didn't collect some wheels i sold then messed me about for ages with excuse after excuse

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.