Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cost of Soffits and Fascia replacement
James

posted on 18/2/15 at 12:38 AM Reply With Quote
cost of Soffits and Fascia replacement

Greetings all!

I was wondering what sort of price you'd expect to pay to have soffits and fascias done.

It's a square house with good access on 3 sides and easy ladder access on the 4th. Each side it 9m so a total of 36m of materials.

150mm x 16mm fascia
250mm soffit
Guttering and 2 downpipes.

I went to a place that just does supplies and it was about £500 in materials.

The quote to do a 'proper' job was £2200+vat

The guy who I thought would bodge it said £1700 cash

Anyone got any ideas on prices they've been quoted or have paid? At these prices I'll do it myself but I'm rather short of time for the foreseeable future!

Cheers,
James

[img] Fascia tiles
Fascia tiles
[/img]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mark.s

posted on 18/2/15 at 04:39 AM Reply With Quote
If you go on £90 a meter supplied and fixed you won't go to wrong, this is for removal of existing and replace with materials you listed above, NOT nail over!, has the roof got felt fitted under your tiles James?
If it has what type ?

James

posted on 18/2/15 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark.s
If you go on £90 a meter supplied and fixed you won't go to wrong, this is for removal of existing and replace with materials you listed above, NOT nail over!, has the roof got felt fitted under your tiles James?
If it has what type ?

Blimey! So you're saying that's quite a good quote then!

The felt is the crappy stuff falls apart when touched... so I guess I should've factored 'eaves protectors' in as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Slimy38

posted on 18/2/15 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Some of our neighbours have gone for the fly-by-night, nail over the existing to make it look good approach. I must take a photo of the neighbours porch, the new fascia isn't actually long enough to cover the old wood!!
40inches

posted on 18/2/15 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
We paid £2500 just before Christmas, they removed and replaced the last two layers of slates and replaced a lot of wood. Has an insurance backed 25 years labour and 50 year materials warranty.
fesycresy

posted on 18/2/15 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Did mine last year, cost me about £350 in materials exc. vat.

Also took off the bottom few rows of tiles and under tucked new felt.

A roofer mate charges £55 per meter (excluding access if needed) it's the going rate around here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

McLannahan

posted on 18/2/15 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Im not too far away in Berkshire and I paid £50 a metre for soffits and guttering. Really good professional job but it was about 18 months ago. Job still looks great but I had easy access (single story flat roof) and only needed about 10 metres. He may be more expensive now but he wasn't the cheapest I found but had good feedback and was very local to me.

http://www.checkatrade.com/IdealHomeImprovements/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.