Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: McSorley/Zetec part build
luke

posted on 2/3/15 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
McSorley/Zetec part build

For Sale – Part built project

This is my part build locost project that I’m selling due to the lack of time and now living 30 miles away from where it is stored. Shame to see it go but it will make a good starter for someone wanting to build from scratch. I started this project in 2010 and have got an almost finished chassis and a collection of parts as follows

• Chassis – Mcsorley based – purchased as a kit from ebay which was laser cut by armoto to the mcsorley dimensions so high accuracy dimensionally. If i recall correctly there is only 2mm difference on the corner – corner dimensions. Roll bar is an OBP produced from CDS with additional seatbelt bar (not yet welded in). Trailing arm, wishbone and steering rack mounts in place. I was in the process of doing shock mounts and seatbelt mounts so have some plates cut for those. Engine and gearbox mounts are in place to suite the zetec and type 9 included. Welded steel floor. The chassis has some surface rust from standing in the garage which i was in the process of removing as can be seen by the pics.
    • 1.8 zetec engine – purchased off ebay from someone who was going to retro-fit into his caterham but then sold the car. I was informed it had done roughly 50k and it turns by hand. Never taken the head off so unsure of condition other than that. Also included shortened sump, manifold for bike carbs, starter and alternator.
    • Type 9 gearbox – purchased off locostbuilders and in good condition – all 5 gears and reverse select easily.
    • English rear axle – has the mounts welded on and had a full rebuild when i got it of seals and bearings in both the ends and the diff.
    • Rear trailing arms – made myself from CDS – with rose joint ends
    • Front trailing arms – Rally design items.
    • Front uprights – Cortina – stripped and were cleaned using electrolysis. Just need a wire brush before finishing.
    • Steering rack. – Rally design 2.9 quick rack including rod ends and mounts
    • OBP pedal box – dual master cylinder with cable clutch
    • Sierra steering column – full column set including steering wheel and surrounds
    • Front headlights – traditional 7 style – brand new in box

In the list above there is roughly £1300 of receipted items, and there is alot of other costs gone into this such as random steel lengths, the plate for the floor, primers, parts picked up from here and other forums etc. In total i think i have invested well over £1500 so far.

Looking for £1300 all together O.N.O. I don’t want to split at this time.

sale 00001
sale 00001

sale 00002
sale 00002

sale 00003
sale 00003

sale 00004
sale 00004

sale 0005
sale 0005

sale 00006
sale 00006

sale 00007
sale 00007

sale 00008
sale 00008

sale 00009
sale 00009

sale 00010
sale 00010

sale 00011
sale 00011

sale 00012
sale 00012

sale 00013
sale 00013

sale 00015
sale 00015

[Edited on 2/3/15 by luke]

[Edited on 2/3/15 by luke]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

luke

posted on 11/3/15 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Any interest? Offers?
Matt159888

posted on 14/3/15 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
If you do break I'll be interested in sump and pick up pipe just thought would through that one in :-)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.