Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GSXR-1000 Throttle Bodies - Parts I.D.
clutch_kick

posted on 3/3/15 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR-1000 Throttle Bodies - Parts I.D.

Hello All.

Just got myself a set of GSXR-1000 throttle bodies and of course due to my stupid rush-buying, I skimped over a few details.

These throttle bodies seem to come with 2 sets of Throttle plates. One set is your typical throttle cable controlled plates, and have a TPS connected to them. The other set seems to be driven by a stepper motor (4 wires) and have what seems to be another TPS (3 wires). What is the use of this on the original bike?

I also noticed it comes with 8 injectors.

Would this still be usable for an MX-5 engine, on MS3?

Cheers,

Charlie

Description
Description

Description
Description

Jenko

posted on 3/3/15 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Still useable, but you will need to remove the second butterfly as this is not needed. Lots of bike TB's have this feature. And you will only need one set of injectors.

It's certainly useable on the mx5...is it ideal, possibly a little to big to be honest. The TB size will mean on a smallish engine, the smallest amount of throttle will let in too much air, so your low down throttle may be a bit jumpy. Unless you are looking for a big power engine the 600 or 750's would have been a better bet.......Not to say it wont work though, just not optimum.

[Edited on 3/3/15 by Jenko]

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

clutch_kick

posted on 3/3/15 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenko
Still useable, but you will need to remove the second butterfly as this is not needed. Lots of bike TB's have this feature. And you will only need one set of injectors.

It's certainly useable on the mx5...is it ideal, possibly a little to big to be honest. The TB size will mean on a smallish engine, the smallest amount of throttle will let in too much air, so your low down throttle may be a bit jumpy. Unless you are looking for a big power engine the 600 or 750's would have been a better bet.......Not to say it wont work though, just not optimum.

[Edited on 3/3/15 by Jenko]

Thanks Jenko these are going on my 'other' engine.

A tad over 1.9ltr, N/A, with 11.0:1 and Maruha Cams ... not really for the road

I just managed to pull those secondary butterflies off, tomorrow i'll JBweld the holes shut.

As for the second set of injectors ... it got me thinking ..... staged injection?

Oddified

posted on 3/3/15 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
They work well, i use the same set on my own set-up and with staged injection. That version of injectors are 270cc/min at 3 bar and have the same inner and outer injectors. If you need a bit more flow they work fine at 4 bar, drill the 4 holes in the diffuser to 0.55mm or remove the diffuser completely to increase it a lot more. I spaced the pairs apart to get all the runners equal lengths onto the engine but that depends on your own port spacing.

Ian

clutch_kick

posted on 7/4/15 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Just a follow up on this I had the injectors flowed today. Both banks, inner and outers flowed 81cc in 15 seconds, i.e. 320cc/min. The only difference being that the inner banks seem to atomise the fuel better ( they are also slighter higher impedance). These came off a GSXR 1000 K5/K6 intake.

Edit: I forgot to mention, they were tested at 3 Bar.

[Edited on 7/4/15 by clutch_kick]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.