Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Ferrari & Vettel
Trollyjack

posted on 30/3/15 at 11:20 AM
As far a I can see F1 has spoilt its self it be come boring shame the guy posted it up but to be honest I recorded it and if I miss the race I miss it.
More important things in life happen.
at 7:15 Saturday morning I recieved a call telling me my Brother had died in the night.

That throws everthing out of the window as I can see about F1.

Life is just poo sometimes, we learn to live and get on with it.

TrollyJack

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 30/3/15 at 12:10 PM
That's a real shame trolley jack!
kingster996

posted on 30/3/15 at 12:23 PM
I think this might have got a little out of hand as the OP replied to the initial gently worded comments with a large dollop sarcasm rather than apologising for not knowing the 'rules' (or etiquette).

quote:
Originally posted by sandwich
Yep it's a bit of a rookie mistake looking at a car forum if you don't want to know anything about a car race that happened several hours ago. I bet you haven't looked at twitter, facebook, sky sports or the BBC website? So why look here?

So, this then got a few people's backs up and the red mist descended.

I absolutely hate it if I see a spoiler for MotoGP as I really look forward to the races and often record it so as not to conflict with family matters.

But as another post has so sadly pointed out - at the end of the day, it's just a race and there's way more important stuff to get irate about that doesn't involve slagging each other off.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

craig1410

posted on 30/3/15 at 12:41 PM
To be honest it was the sheer hostility that I objected to and found disappointing. Totally out of proportion.

I would also tend to agree that, if you don't want to accidentally find out the result of a worldwide sporting event then you should stay well away from the TV, Radio, Internet, Social Media, friends, family etc. as much as possible.

Not everyone can watch every event live and it is certainly annoying when you find out the result like this but if you are really an F1 fan then the enjoyment probably comes as much from the back-story and the racing as it does from the final result. In fact 2 weeks ago in the Australian GP I enjoyed the build-up more than the entire race and result but that's another story...

Anyway condolences to TrolleyJack for your loss.

loggyboy

posted on 30/3/15 at 12:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Your lucky that moderators only come on this forum once a year or so tbh, as you would have been banned within minutes on most car forums.

Most forums would have been well moderated enough to delete/amend the original thread within minutes.

Mistral Motorsport

Texan

posted on 30/3/15 at 02:54 PM
I was as mad or madder than anyone I saw posting once I saw the thread title, but I resisted coming into the thread till I had time to watch the race. I was hoping you guys were giving him what for.

Yes, it completely spoiled the last part of the race for me. It could have gone a couple of ways and you'd have been on the edge of your seat, but as it was I almost just turned it off.

I think it's only common sense and good manners not give away any of the bigger moments of a race in this DVR age. It doesn't matter if it's a week later.

"Boy I was happy & surprised at the outcome of the F1 race!" or something like that wouldn't have impacted as many people's lives. I'm on many car forums and this is the only thread posted in any of the forums I'm on anywhere in the world.

I drive therefore I am.

CosKev3

posted on 30/3/15 at 03:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Your lucky that moderators only come on this forum once a year or so tbh, as you would have been banned within minutes on most car forums.

Most forums would have been well moderated enough to delete/amend the original thread within minutes.

Get a grip, what rules were broken by it?

Where as swearing and name calling are blatant rules broken.

CosKev3

posted on 30/3/15 at 03:05 PM
Funny how so many big F1 followers can't be arsed to get up for 7am to watch it live.....
Daddylonglegs

posted on 30/3/15 at 03:20 PM
quote:
Funny how so many big F1 followers can't be arsed to get up for 7am to watch it live.....

Good point, well presented!

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

dubzter

posted on 30/3/15 at 03:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Texan
I was as mad or madder than anyone I saw posting once I saw the thread title, but I resisted coming into the thread till I had time to watch the race. I was hoping you guys were giving him what for.

Yes, it completely spoiled the last part of the race for me. It could have gone a couple of ways and you'd have been on the edge of your seat, but as it was I almost just turned it off.

I think it's only common sense and good manners not give away any of the bigger moments of a race in this DVR age. It doesn't matter if it's a week later.

"Boy I was happy & surprised at the outcome of the F1 race!" or something like that wouldn't have impacted as many people's lives. I'm on many car forums and this is the only thread posted in any of the forums I'm on anywhere in the world.

If it impacted your life that much maybe you should just stay off the internet until you have watched the race.

I can't believe that so many people are treating this like crime of the century. Get a grip!

Locost Builders Build Thread

leon51274

posted on 30/3/15 at 04:05 PM
I think some people need to wake up and smell the roses.
loggyboy

posted on 30/3/15 at 04:08 PM
quote:

Funny how having 2 sick children and a job can make planning your life a little harder.

Mistral Motorsport

Texan

posted on 30/3/15 at 04:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dubzter
quote:
Originally posted by Texan

If it impacted your life that much maybe you should just stay off the internet until you have watched the race.

I can't believe that so many people are treating this like crime of the century. Get a grip!

The point is that no where else on any of my internet car forums was someone rude enough to spoil it for so many people.

I drive therefore I am.

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 30/3/15 at 05:02 PM
Rude no, inconsiderate or naive maybe.

As said in the scheme of things it immensely trivial .

As for moderation I for one think generally this forum needs little as most behave like adults and play nicely

[Edited on 30/3/15 by CRAIGR]

karlak

posted on 30/3/15 at 05:15 PM
So who won then ?

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

perksy

posted on 30/3/15 at 05:27 PM
I think this thread would be best deleted and placed in the cyberspace skip

Fozzie or Chris can you hit the red button please ?

daniel mason

posted on 30/3/15 at 05:38 PM
For those that don't know. Damon hill won the race and broke the lap record! In a diesel fiesta
Dopdog

posted on 30/3/15 at 06:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
For those that don't know. Damon hill won the race and broke the lap record! In a diesel fiesta

I cannot believe you have spurted the results out!

oh and I have not turned my TV on since some time in January I have way too much going on to be sat inside vegging out

gremlin1234

posted on 30/3/15 at 07:12 PM
quote:
and Helen Skelton in second, with a 2cv!
woops sorry that's the all new Top Gear

daniel mason

posted on 30/3/15 at 07:41 PM

CosKev3

posted on 30/3/15 at 08:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:

Funny how having 2 sick children and a job can make planning your life a little harder.

But you found time to browse locost Builders though.....

daniel mason

posted on 30/3/15 at 09:00 PM
THIS SHOULD BE THE LAST POST ON THIS THREAD! It's going nowhere fast and going to end up in tears
steve m

posted on 30/3/15 at 09:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dopdog
quote:

bugger !!

Im sure that was the next scalextric race !
in China

now that really has ruined it for so many sad fuckers

[Edited on 30/3/15 by steve m]

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

02GF74

posted on 30/3/15 at 09:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by perksy
I think this thread would be best deleted and placed in the cyberspace skip

No this thread should stay to show up those that have overreacted.

I frequent quite a few forums and almost inevitably due to their very nature of remote conversations, there will be disagreements that can end up in abuse from both parties. At that point I usually stop posting.

The ridiculously huge number of posts I've made show that this place is one of the nicer places on the internet.

It is a shame that a minority have let the site down.

If not knowing the results of any competitions is that important, don't go on the internet, don't listen to the radio nor watch TV, don't read your texts, don't answer any phone calls, stay indoors to avoid seeing any newspapers and don't talk to anyone. (anything missed out?)

killerferret666

posted on 31/3/15 at 08:51 AM
This is the internet. If you dont want to know a result stay away from as much as possible.

forums - no
facebook - no
twitter - no
news websites - no
tv - no (unless you know news isnt on)

I always try to watch it live but once couldnt, had dodged the result all day, listening to the radio about a mile from home in world of my own news came on and gave me the result...luckily it was a boring race

Building DDR GT4

Miami Gt4 Blog - Click Here

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.