Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Ferrari & Vettel
Texan

posted on 31/3/15 at 02:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

If not knowing the results of any competitions is that important, don't go on the internet, don't listen to the radio nor watch TV, don't read your texts, don't answer any phone calls, stay indoors to avoid seeing any newspapers and don't talk to anyone. (anything missed out?)

And don't post anything you wouldn't want to see or would spoil the race if you hadn't seen the race already.

And if you simply MUST then put SPOILER in the thread title and don't give the thread a name that ruins it for everyone else.

Good manners and common sense in other words.

I drive therefore I am.

Alfa145

posted on 31/3/15 at 02:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dubzter
quote:
Originally posted by Texan
I was as mad or madder than anyone I saw posting once I saw the thread title, but I resisted coming into the thread till I had time to watch the race. I was hoping you guys were giving him what for.

Yes, it completely spoiled the last part of the race for me. It could have gone a couple of ways and you'd have been on the edge of your seat, but as it was I almost just turned it off.

I think it's only common sense and good manners not give away any of the bigger moments of a race in this DVR age. It doesn't matter if it's a week later.

"Boy I was happy & surprised at the outcome of the F1 race!" or something like that wouldn't have impacted as many people's lives. I'm on many car forums and this is the only thread posted in any of the forums I'm on anywhere in the world.

If it impacted your life that much maybe you should just stay off the internet until you have watched the race.

I can't believe that so many people are treating this like crime of the century. Get a grip!

Well said. If you don't want to know the result then stay off anything that might give you the result. It's your choice not to watch it live why deny those that have bothered watching it live the chance to discuss?

Texan

posted on 1/4/15 at 03:08 AM
You got it at 7 a.m. I got it at 1:00 a.m. so live wasn't an option.

You've got to remember the internet spans many time zones & countries so common sense says don't spoil it for everyone else with the title of the thread and warn them the content might be a spoiler and then everyone is happy.

I drive therefore I am.

sandwich

posted on 3/4/15 at 10:55 AM
What a interesting set of replies. I may have made a mistake, it still didn't warrant the torrent of abuse and bullying i got on this thread and by private message.

quote:

If it impacted your life that much maybe you should just stay off the internet until you have watched the race.

I can't believe that so many people are treating this like crime of the century. Get a grip!

Seems dubzter hit the nail on the head. Thanks to those that sent me messages apologising on behalf of the idiots on here and saying it's normally a nice place.

So after the next GP, will you come on here? Maybe I'll be back to deliberately post the result in a title as I didn't like the abuse I got? Will you take the chance?

Perhaps net time you may act more humanely and reply more considerately instead off hiding behind a keyboard and hurling abuse at someone that didn't know something.

Or will you keep on bullying newbies? Will I be back on here posting after China.......?

[Edited on 3/4/15 by sandwich]

joneh

posted on 3/4/15 at 11:06 AM
I think we should draw a line under all of this and stick to the gentlemans agreement we have on this site not to put spoilers of any sporting event in the title.

I don't think your last post has helped much and I'd recommend not splashing fuel on the fire with suggestions of deliberately antagonising the situation. Maybe edit it, chalk it down to experience and utilise this site for its wealth of knowledge and (generally) friendly advice.

PSpirine

posted on 3/4/15 at 12:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
I think we should draw a line under all of this and stick to the gentlemans agreement we have on this site not to put spoilers of any sporting event in the title.

I find this interesting. While I myself would never post it in the title as I hate spoilers in general, I've *always* avoided looking at locostbuilders if I don't want to know the result of a race. My assumption was always that there'd be a spoiler on the main page, so I stayed off to be safe.

Good to know that I can now visit safely in the knowledge that there won't be a F1 spoiler, and if there is, I can spend the 3 hours I would've watched the race, reading about people bitching about the post.

F1.. not very locost. Although nice of McLaren to bring a Pinto-powered car to the race.

spiderman

posted on 3/4/15 at 02:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sandwich
What a interesting set of replies. I may have made a mistake, it still didn't warrant the torrent of abuse and bullying i got on this thread and by private message.

quote:

Seems dubzter hit the nail on the head. Thanks to those that sent me messages apologising on behalf of the idiots on here and saying it's normally a nice place.

So after the next GP, will you come on here? Maybe I'll be back to deliberately post the result in a title as I didn't like the abuse I got? Will you take the chance?

Perhaps net time you may act more humanely and reply more considerately instead off hiding behind a keyboard and hurling abuse at someone that didn't know something.

Or will you keep on bullying newbies? Will I be back on here posting after China.......?

A sincere apology, like the one Loggyboy made after his knee jerk reaction, may have gone a long way to ingratiate yourself amongst those who were upset at your rookie mistake. I don't think that defensive and petulant comments are really helping the situation.
I applaud Loggyboy for his apology as it takes a real man to take a good look at himself, to admit he was wrong and to say so in front of everyone.

I have tried to put my opinion across in the most gentle and helpful way as I know how. If it offends you or anyone else for that matter I apologise.

Spider

wylliezx9r

posted on 3/4/15 at 03:57 PM
Sandwich, the majority of the forum sided with you including myself and several people have apologized for their reactions. Why not just draw a line in the sand and let bygones be bygones. You're not doing your self any favours at all with the tone of your previous post.

[Edited on 3/4/15 by wylliezx9r]

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

BenB

posted on 3/4/15 at 04:25 PM
Nah keep it going for a few more days. I've still got some popcorn left I wish they'd do spoilers on the radio- or at least start the headline with "in formula one" to give me a chance to switch off or start la-la-laing so I don't hear. All too often they start with "Sebastian Vettel won the......" by which time it's too late!

I reckon we're all grumpy because finger boy's back

will121

posted on 3/4/15 at 05:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Nah keep it going for a few more days. I've still got some popcorn left I wish they'd do spoilers on the radio- or at least start the headline with "in formula one" to give me a chance to switch off or start la-la-laing so I don't hear. All too often they start with "Sebastian Vettel won the......" by which time it's too late!

I reckon we're all grumpy because finger boy's back

Even David coultard said he wished he could fast forward the race to see who was going to finish first as thare was for once a bit of tension mid race

maccmike

posted on 3/4/15 at 06:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sandwich

quote:

I had sympathy for you Sandwich, I dont now. We all do things wrong in life and get a rollicking for it from time to time, unjust or not. Take it on the chin like a man and let it go.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.