Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa fuel pump issue. help needed
gmoss53

posted on 29/3/15 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa fuel pump issue. help needed

Hi. I have a autograss car with a 1350 hayabusa engine. Been running great since bought back in october. Raced great. Took fuel tank off as id lost cap. Put a new neck on and fitted tank back on. Car fired straight away but stopped after bout a minute. Checked fuel lines and fuel pump wasnt pushing any fuel through. Was power to pump so naturally changed pump assuming this was the problem. Turned ignition on and pump make right sounds again fired up on first press of button. After a minute it stopped and not started since. Checked pump and once again nothing. There's fuel to pump power. Have i bought a faulty pump(its a new pump 12v high pressure). Would appreciate any help as i feel ive hit a wall. Cars got a power commander on not sure if that is a problem or makes a differnce.
Jon Ison

posted on 29/3/15 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
First thing to ask, the new fuel cap is it air tight and creating a vacuum inside tank the pump can't overcome? Take cap off does it run?
gmoss53

posted on 29/3/15 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. I tried that this morning and still nothing from pump. Thanks
cosmick

posted on 29/3/15 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
There is a real possibility that the injector filters are blocked or extremely restrictive. You may need to check the filters out. They are tiny and fitted into the top of each injector. Very common problem on high mileage Busas but seeing as it is an autograss car could be collecting small dust particles. you need to gently ease the filters out by using a sharp knife to tease the filter up. once removed, blow or suck through the filter with your mouth and you will probably find it difficult. Blow them out with an airline and check again with your mouth. Now you will be able to breath normally through one.
Hope this helps.

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

gmoss53

posted on 1/4/15 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks tried it and nothing. Got a feeling it's ecu. Thanks for help
Jon Ison

posted on 1/4/15 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
If there is fuel to the pump, power to the pump, the pumps runs but pumps no fuel it as to be the pump?
gmoss53

posted on 2/4/15 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
You'd think that but connected fuel pump fired up but stalled after a minute. Not fired up again checked fuel pump and it's not pumping. I'm guessing that something is causing fuel pump to break
bobinspain

posted on 7/4/15 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
My gen2 Busa engined MK coughed and spluttered at different revs in different circumstances., always losing power at just the wrong moment. Turned out that the fuel filter in the pump was clogged with swarf (factory build). Once cleaned out, problem didn't reappear.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.