Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The alarm on my Renault Master van keeps going off
LBMEFM

posted on 3/4/15 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
The alarm on my Renault Master van keeps going off

The alarm keeps going off on my Renault Master van. I have checked the usual things, door contacts, loose items inside etc etc. Before the locals consider lynching me is there anyway I can disable the sounder. I still want the central locking and alarm to work but without the sounder. Any ideas?
loggyboy

posted on 3/4/15 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
On my clio the interior sensors can be disabled by turning the ignition on and off twice before shutting door and locking up. Will beep a few times to confirm. Will rule out interior sensor fault, if the system is similar.

Mistral Motorsport

LBMEFM

posted on 3/4/15 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that I will give it a go in the morning, that's if it's still there. I had to park it out in the wilds in a layby out of ear shot of houses.
Brian R

posted on 4/4/15 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
I'm sure on my car, Bmw 3 series you can double blip the remote when locking the car to disable the alarm.
Don't know if that is common to other makes.

joneh

posted on 4/4/15 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
My Jeep did a similar thing, turned out be a spider nesting on the interior sensor.

If I press the remote three times when locking it chirps and disables the interior sensor. Simon can stay a while longer.

scudderfish

posted on 4/4/15 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
My Mazda6 is sensitive to Wifi. When I got it it would go off on the driveway until I changed the default channel my home wifi was on. Usefully, it will go off if I lock my phone in the car and my phone scans for a connection.

[Edited on 4/4/15 by scudderfish]

JoelP

posted on 4/4/15 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
My vivaro has done that in the past. The plastic roller on the bottom of the sliding door had cracked, causing the door sensor to wobble in the wind.

To avoid setting the alarm, can't you press the door lock button on the dash, then jump out and lock the drivers door with the key?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

daniel mason

posted on 4/4/15 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
One of my neighbours has the same issue with his, sometimes when I get into my van in e mornings his radios on full blast too! Seems to switch itself on during the night
Smoking Frog

posted on 4/4/15 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Wife's Rav4 also had false alarms. Turned out to be the seat belt tensioner not fully retracting the belt. The slight movement of the belt retracting was enough to set the alarm off at a later time. No false alarms after checking that the belt is fully retracted on exit.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.