Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SA 7's having fun in the dirt!
Fred W B

posted on 5/4/15 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
SA 7's having fun in the dirt!

Port Elizabeth, South Africa, has an active group of people building and driving 7 style (and other) kit cars. While not an organized club as such, we keep in touch to help each other out and meet up on occasion. Andrew Rist who was previously in the UK and known to some on here does a lot of the legwork. Once a year someone organises a two day run with an overnight stay out of town.

This year (our 7th) over a dozen sports cars of various descriptions, along with some support vehicles, went inland into the semi desert Karoo, to Graaf Reinet. On the way there we stopped in a very small farming town for lunch, and held a Gymkhana type event on a dirt/gravel surface at the local agriculture show grounds. In spite of this being out in the sticks a small crowd of local yocal spectators appeared and apparently thoroughly enjoyed the proceedings.

I attach some pics taken there for your interest. Three of the 7's are Birkens (the one with yellow tape on the nose on its maiden major run after completion of assembly), one a Tiger from the UK and the others true Locosts. I participated in the red car very kindly lent to me by a friend. Total distance for the weekend was about 600 Kilometers (375 Miles).

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 5/4/15 by Fred W B]

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

wylliezx9r

posted on 5/4/15 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
looks like fun. Loads of differents styles and interpretations of the 7 shape.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

jeffw

posted on 6/4/15 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
I read the title and thought you where talking about

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.