Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Bumped my car
leon51274

posted on 7/4/15 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Bumped my car

ok, my fault but at the weekend while giving it a tickle I hit a patch of dry/dusty dirt and ended up doing a full 360 taking in both grass verges and ending up rearwards in a hedge. Fortunately no one hurt apart from my pride but I did manage to smash an indicator lens. My question is if i was to purchase a new indicator without the e mark will this be an mot failure?

Cheers
Leon

Mole-UK

posted on 7/4/15 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
The side repeaters I fitted to mine don't have E mark and its just passed an MOT, to be fair, the MOT tester was more interested in getting the job done as quick as he could.

A snippet from the MOT manual shows that they don't need e marks.

Lamps incorporating a side repeater are marked either with an ‘E’ mark in a circle or an ‘e’ mark in a rectangle above which is a number 5.

However, some vehicles are fitted with a wraparound lens with no European approval markings. These can be tested by standing approximately 1000mm to the side of the vehicle’s rear bumper with the indicator on. If amber light can be seen coming through the front lens (not a reflection) this is acceptable.

leon51274

posted on 7/4/15 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Mole, that will do for me, although the replacement ones I've found come with e mark so should be ok.
Mr Whippy

posted on 7/4/15 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
I'm sure there are plenty of foreign and vintage cars who's lights never bore any E markings and pass the MOT just fine
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adrianreeve

posted on 18/4/15 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
What you doing to my lovely car Leon??!!

Glad you're ok!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.